Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Internship Opportunities,Entry level jobs,Medical Laboratory Science jobs, Medical Microbiology jobs, Biomedical Sciences jobs,
Vacancy No. CGHR/359/05/23
- The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030. The KEMRI Internship Program (KIP) seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to working in the research industry. After the internship program, the candidate will have gained practical workplace experience to him/her have a competitive edge in the job market.
KEMRI-CGHR DLSP Branch in Kisumu has five (5) internship opportunities as follows:
- Location: Kisumu.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences from a recognized institution in Kenya
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and
- Technologists Board (KMLTTB) where applicable.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Should have graduated and obtained the relevant final certificate
- Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years of age
- Provide a Certificate of good conduct
- Should possess strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
Terms of Engagement:
- Appointment in the Internship program will be for a period of one (1) year non-renewable and is subject to availability of funds.
- A modest stipend of Ksh. 15,000 will be provided which may not be sufficient and therefore the successful candidates will need to cater for their own transport, accommodation and upkeep during this period.
- Successful candidates will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover lasting through the internship period.
- The program WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of internship.
- MUST be fluent in English and Kiswahili
Method of Application
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application indicating the field of study
- Current Resume or CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than June 19, 2023.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY.
Only short-listed candidates will be considered