How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Internships In Kenya
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
|Position Title:||Climate Research Intern|
|Reporting to:||Manager: Climate Research|
This role will support climate science and related social science research and project implementation in the International Centre for Humanitarian Affairs (ICHA), an establishment of the Kenya Red Cross Society.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support on climate science for implementation of various ongoing/ upcoming projects related to forecast based early warning early action, climate services and climate science research.
- Support engagement with key institutions and actors at both national and county level.
- Support project documentation, reporting and development of publications.
- Provide administrative support such as organizing meetings, stakeholder communication and follow up.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team working on research related to climate science, climate change and disaster risk management/reduction.
- Master’s Degree in climate science, meteorology or climate change.
- Relevant practical experience in working on research and research projects.
- Interest in inter-disciplinary work and profound interest in understanding use of climate science for risk reduction and management.
- Good ability to organise small workshops and conduct interviews and focus groups.
- Excellent English writing skills with ability to author reports, policy briefs and working / academic papers.
- A strong and reliable communicator able to coordinate and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and under the supervision of Project Manager – Climate Research.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience in working on disaster risk reduction projects, wider climate change and sustainability will be an added advantage.
- Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 28th February 2020;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.