Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Brand Internships, Procter and Gamble Opportunities,
Did you know P&G invented the concept of brands and brand management?
Over the years, we have remained consistently state of the art in marketing, always finding new and exciting ways to reach consumers, from the classic store to the most sophisticated digital technology. This is why some of the world’s best marketing pros and business leaders started with us. Our brand management philosophy can be summed up in a simple concept: “Consumer is boss”, and we believe we have 3 moments to win with consumers’ preference:
- when they browse for your product on the internet,
- when they choose to buy our product in the store and
- when they use it at home.
These are what we call the ‘3 moments of truth’. The first two moments is what we focus on when we market products.
Your Role as an Intern in Marketing:
You will be offered an internshipinamulti-functionalBrandteam– organized around the brands that we sell in India (Ariel, Pampers, Gillette, OralB, Head&Shoulders, …) – consisting of managers with different functional expertise and background (Brand Management, but also Sales, Finance, Product Supply, Advertising and Media agencies)
- Co-leading a new launch or evaluating the current strategies of a brand or product.
- Leading monthly market & brand analysis, gather input of multi-functional team to recommend corrective actions for a specific category/initiative
- Working on the design & execution of brand campaigns (media, digital, CRM, instore, PR). Lead campaigns briefs (regional campaign localization or local campaign build up) & follow up on execution
- Co-leading the digital marketing on your brand (visibility, content, local partnerships, eCommerce etc).
- Co-developing Market and Initiative Reviews. Organize internal events.
Doing an internship with us is the way experience the company from within, and for us to get to know you, meaning that a lot of time will be invested in your development.
What we offer:
- ResponsibilitiesasofDay1– you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- Recognizedstate of the art marketingskills– you get to test your marketing knowledge and management abilities in real-life situations and obtain insights into the world of brand & business management
- Continuouscoaching& mentoring– you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, likely a Brand Manager
- Dynamicandrespectfulworkenvironment– employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
- Paid Learning Experience: We treat you like a real full time employee, not only in terms of the responsibility you take on, but also by providing you with a competitive monthly stipend.
We are looking for Students:
- Currently studying towards Bachelor’s with one of the following majors: Marketing, Business Administration or any relevant majors
- Born leader, with an entrepreneurial mindset and passionate to make things happen
- Know how to collaborate well across teams and business partners
- Have a strong Brand Management interest/passion
- Like to bring creativity & innovation to your work
- Have strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Can show evidence of passion and achievements in academic and/or non-academic activities
- Fluent in English
Just so you know:
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unique ideas?
About Procter & Gamble:
Procter & Gamble is one of the largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in the world with strong brands like Pampers, Ariel, Always, Gillette and Oral B just to name a few. For more information about P&G the company and our brands please visit www.pg.com and our career website at pgcareers.com
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, KenyaJob Type: Full-timeJob categories: Brand: Brand Management / MarketingReq No: BRM00001890
Do you want to be in the driving seat, selling our global leading brands? Are you intrigued by the idea of building long-term business relationships with our customers? To develop and negotiate plans which craft a benefit for our shoppers, our customers and our Company?
Then an Internship in our Strategic Sales department is the right place for you. We are here to help you gain a magical experience. We have internship assignments in the areas of Key account management, Shopper Based Design, Category management & Business Analysis.
What kind of internship projects you can expect:
As a Sales Intern, you directly receive meaningful responsibilities as of day one. You are in charge for maintaining and fast-growing a long-term partnership with our customer by continuously proposing solutions and plans that meet their objectives. To do so, you’ll develop a keen understanding of product categories and markets. Whilst building the plans, you will not only develop your negotiating and sales skills, but also your financial & marketing skills, analytical insights and logistical understanding as you are responsible for your client from A-Z.
You will be externally focused, on national key Customers, but also online retailers. You will get an understanding of the customers and shoppers needs. You will contribute to negotiations on prices, assortment, merchandising and promotions. You will collaborate with the whole customer team to prepare business plans and external negotiations.
You’ll be part of a customer team in which trust, team spirit, real passion for winning and leadership are very important.
You will make commercial recommendations for a category (e.g.: Laundry with Ariel, Oral Care with OralB, Hair Care with Head & Shoulders etc.). Your mission will be to improve turnover and Sales fundamentals by suggesting strategic choices in terms of budget, assortment and promotion. You will work alongside the Brand leaders.
We offer a career with varying assignments and lots of development opportunities, so that we develop our leaders of tomorrow.
- Developing and maintaining a productive long term relationship with your customer
- Acquire deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of shoppers, categories and market
- Adapting and optimizing country commercial guidelines to your specific client
- Negotiating contracts, promo plans and innovations
- Preparing volume forecast and plans
- Collaborating very closely with teams from other departments;
- Resolve any issues and problems of your clients and act as a link between your customer and the internal teams.
What we offer you:
- We guarantee you responsibilities from day 1 and ownership of at least one or two big projects
- Your manager will coach you and will ensure you get a dedicated training program and many learning opportunities
- You will join our dynamic Sales teams, and work closely with colleagues from other functions: Brand management, Supply Network Operations and Finance.
- A chance to see if a career at P&G is what will help you unleash your potential
- Fresh graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with one of the following majors: Marketing, Business Administration or any relevant majors
- Born leaders and are passionate to make things happen
- Have an external focus and a real passion for Sales / Marketing
- Like to bring creativity & innovation to their work
- Have strong analytical thinking and skills
- Fluent in English
- IT Proficiency Advanced Excel Skills (Creating Pivots and Carrying out Trend Analyses)
LOCATION:Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview