Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Internship Opportunities, Operations Jobs, Supplies Jobs,
Data Analyst Intern
Working Under the vision, guidance and direction of the Global Director Field Operations and Senior Data Analyst, Pula is seeking the services of a Data Analyst Intern who will be responsible for data management and analysis, problem identification and resolution to ensure integrity of the data, Implementation of department strategies. The ideal candidate will be data driven, good at documentation, project management, and shifting comfortably between strategy and execution.
- Run operations data quality checks as per SOPs
- Support follow up work from support desk as and when required
- Communicate to field staff as and when required
- Use a combination of data analytics and project knowledge to identify risks and problems in a project
- Update your manager daily, weekly, and ad-hoc as required
- Make recommendations for potential solutions when problems are found in the field
- Write documents such as trainings or protocols as and when required
- Assist in survey creation as required
- Assist in sampling or other CCE/Survey work as required
- Be available on Slack every day
- Be available on the phone during work hours
- Use all designated tools and software as required
- Maintain honesty and transparency at all times
- Use direct forms of communication: if there is a problem, say so. If you have feedback, say so.
- Accept feedback from your peers and superiors with genuine listening and endeavor to improve whenever provided with constructive feedback
- Determine appropriate methods to perform data quality checks, analyzing data and operations
- Identify gaps in current data quality checks SOPs and advise on improvements
- Developing new processes and procedures to enhance operations.
- Training field staff to use new systems or follow new processes
- Determining the effectiveness of new processes
- Documenting findings, preparing reports, and making recommendations
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Who you are:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCES:
- Undergraduate Degree in Statistics,Economics,Agricultural Economics. Agribusiness Management, Information Systems.
- Expertise in using specialists statistical analysis software and data visualization techniques e.g PowerBI or Similar
- Ability to translate and present complex information to diverse audiences through clear writing and excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience with new applications and innovations e.g mobile data collection technologies e.g Commcare
- Ability develop technical data into presentations
- Ability to work with successfully with diverse groups, partners, colleagues and a team player
- Work well both independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities while meeting deadlines
Procurement Intern – Field Operations
The internship targets fresh graduates who are looking at developing their skills and knowledge within the procurement field and will initially support in setting up vendor processes in Kenya. The intern will be exposed to practical learning and working experiences that foster development of his /her path.
The Procurement Intern will have the opportunity to learn and work on how to:
- Populating and maintaining vendor database by carrying out assigned tasks related to the prequalification process or the ad hoc approval of new vendors
- Maintain complete and accurate vendor information by regularly updating information in the database
- Conduct bi-annual vendor performance evaluation
- Conduct a bid evaluation and price/quotations comparison analysis
- Facilitate filing of contract documentations, and ensure completeness of files per their respective checklist
- Maintain a list of barred entities (Vendor Blacklist)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management is required.
- Prior internship/ work experience within procurement is a plus but not a must
- Applicants should have graduated from the above stated fields not more than 2 years ago prior to their application date of this internship.
What you need to have to be successful i.e. the soft skills:
We value soft skills as much, or often even more as the above mentioned hard skills. The right profile fit for the role is therefore described below, with weights indicating relative importance.
- Integrity and Inclusion: Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model working both ethically and legally.
- Partnering: Demonstrates understanding of the impact of one’s own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first.
- Results oriented: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility: Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution-focused: Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication: Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Continuous learning: Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills and keeps abreast of developments in own professional area.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.