How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Telkom Kenya careers, Internships
- Position: Intern-Field Support O&M
- Region: Nairobi, Central, Western, Coast, Central Rift, Nyanza, Eastern
- Reporting to: Team Leader – Fiber
- Department: Technology
Who We Are
- Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
About This Role
- As the field engineer you will be expected to successfully undertake all activities relating to routine maintenance, corrective maintenance, root cause analysis and network quality initiatives for the fibre optic network
- Participating in analytical and communication skills and be well versed with all aspects of fibre optic maintenance covering:
- Point of break/link analysis using necessary tools and techniques
- Splicing utilising necessary tools and techniques
- Core alignment and splice quality validation using necessary tools and techniques
- Evaluates, tests, and repairs old or malfunctioning fibre network infrastructure along with scheduled preventive maintenance routines covering:
- Optical cable
- Closure kits
- Man holes
- Generate sensor indicators and execute inspections ensuring the fibre optic systems do not contain faults that could destabilize its performance.
- Conducts regular inspections of the assigned system and repairs any defects recognized.
- Prepares, and maintains system records and system diagrams.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Requirements for the job:
- Diploma or BSC in electronic /electrical/ telecommunication engineering or similar.
- Experience in the use of work force management system
- Valid driving license
- A minimum of 2 courses in optical fibre technology from a recognized institution
- Proven track record managing and enforcing SLA’s both internal and external
- Working knowledge of IT such as Microsoft Office
- Proven track record in the ability to analyse trends, undertake root cause analysis, identify key issues and put in place actions to address and improve network & service availability and quality.
- Ability to look beyond the network and understand impact of actions on the customer
- Must be able to work at height (certified), in confined spaces and in all weathers.
How to Apply
- This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
- Application should be sent by 10th April, 2020, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.