Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Job title: Sales Intern
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Function: Sales Unit
Duration: 3-months Internship Program
Physical Location: Inside Wilson Airport, Nairobi
Main Purpose Of Job
We are looking for committed, deadline-driven Sales Interns to join our excellent Sales team. The sales interns will assist in various stages of the sales funnel, including sales, creating Awareness of new offerings, generating leads, and retaining customers.
The successful sales interns should be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding Sales Interns are problem solvers, who know the value of building lasting, Professional relationships with clients.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
In return, you will gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
- Identify and develop a sales pipeline and aggressively market for new
- profitable status customers from the identified target sectors.
- Revenue and profit generation, including new business development for the company.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports to assist in measuring market share, renewal trends and demand. In addition, prepare status reports on client meeting and sales strategies
- Identify and act on cross-selling opportunities.
- Ensure intermediaries are kept up to date with relevant AFD information
- Provide a channel of communication between AFD, Intermediaries and Suppliers to ensure USSD is working.
- Attend related industry events to push for brand awareness and acquire new contacts.
- Maintain timely and accurate information within company CRM database.
- Facilitate and ensuring timely collections of payments as per the
- company’s credit policy
- Making regular visits in order to maintain relationships with the
- intermediaries, prospective clients and current ones
- Giving competitive quotations to intermediaries and following up for the same and close sales.
- Keeping records of customer interactions and transactions and making sure that the same has been logged to the CRM.
- Promoting AFD products and services to customers and negotiating
- contracts with the aim of maximizing profits.
- Attending to any other duty delegated by the Assistant Sales Manager or the sales Manager
- Perform any other administrative work related additional tasks as needed and/or requested that are not detailed herein
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized an accredited university.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel preferred
- Good communication, articulate with presentation
- Team player
- Emotional stability
- Time management skills
- Hustler mentality
- Self-motivated and confident
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Company, policies, Systems, procedures and methods
- Knowledge of AMREF Flying Doctors’ policies in relations to this function and its administration as they impact on business operations
- 24-hour response required whenever necessary within a 24-hour work environment
- Work is performed in an office environment with client’s visits
- If selected, successful applicant must commence the internship immediately.
How to apply:
If you have the passion to contribute and be part of the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider, submit the following to: Vacancies@flydoc.org by 30th November 2019 with a reference number:- AFD/SU/011-2019 on the subject line of your email. Provide an updated CV in PDF and Cover letter specifying the motivation to be part of AMREF Flying Doctors (AFD) team.
Please note that feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only. AMREF Flying Doctors is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. AFD is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy.