Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position: Public Relations & Communications Intern
Closing On: Monday, 11th November 2019
Education: Graduate Degree
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
We are seeking to engage a PR & Communications Intern for a period of between 3-6 months as per the description below:
The intern will be placed in the PR & Communications department, reporting to the Manager, PR & Communications. He/She will be trained to support the division in achievement of the following roles:
- Drafting and writing documents, articles, reports, newsletters and press releases for review by the manager
- Creating publicity for FKE events among members
- Establishing targeted media contacts and relations that ensure media coverage of FKE work and events • Packaging information for various FKE stakeholders as guided by the manager
- Assist in event planning and ensuring appropriate corporate branding of events.
- Taking part in delivery of institutional events
- Carrying out basic design and layouts of documents as well as coordinating outsourced design work for delivery as per specifications
- In conjunction with the Manager, design and roll out digital media campaigns aligned with FKE’s Marketing & communication plan
- Capture all events (images and video) organized by FKE or where FKE is represented and publish them on all FKE’s social media platforms as per guidelines
- Develop relevant content topics to reach FKE’s target customers.
- Monitor trends, listen, update and respond to FKE followers on Social media platforms as per guidelines
Required Qualifications And Experience
- A degree in PR/ Communications/ Media /Marketing, or related fields of study
- Proven working experience in a Communications & PR role for at least 1 year
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Displays in-depth knowledge, understanding and experience of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios by a corporate.
- Design knowledge and experience will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Innovative, creative and adaptable
- Presentable and confident
- A team player
- A fast learner, organized and goal oriented person
- Commitment to service
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application and CV and application letter through: Recruitment@fke-Kenya.org indicating the job title on the subject line. Applications can also be addressed to the undersigned to reach us not later than November 11, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Federation of Kenya Employers Waajiri House,
Argwings Kodhek Rd, Milimani P.O. Box 48311-00100