How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Internships In Kenya, The African Academy of Sciences Jobs
Fellows and Affiliates Intern
- Closing Date: Thursday, March 26, 2020 – 15:00
- Reporting To:Fellows and Affiliates Manager
- Duration:3 Months
The AAS is a pan African organisation headquartered in Kenya, which aims to drive sustainable development in Africa through science, technology and innovation. It has a tripartite mandate of pursuing excellence by recognizing scholars and achievers; providing advisory and think tank functions for shaping the continent’s strategies and policies; and implementing key Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) programmes that impact on developmental challenges through the new agenda setting and funding platform, the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA).
The African Academy of Sciences seeks an intern to support the work of engaging Fellows and Affiliates of the AAS, organize and analyse data from the AAS Mentorship Scheme, and support delivery of key activities of the Unit in 2020.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of past and present engagements of the AAS Fellows, Affiliates and Mentors and synthesis all possible opportunities for further engagement through, but not limited to the mentorship scheme, working groups, review committees, resource mobilization, partnerships, policy and thinktank function, AESA programmes, and any other AAS strategic activities.
- Organize and analyse the current mentorship data to enhance its effectiveness and for input into the online mentoring platform under development.
- Support the Fellows and Affiliates Unit in planning activities involving Fellows and Affiliates leading up to the 12th AAS General Assembly.
Skills and Attributes
- Highly adaptable individual with experience in conducting advanced online research and analysis.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in engaging in high level events as organizer, volunteer, facilitator, or service provider.
- Team player, assertive, and can work well under pressure.
- Analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree/Advanced degree in Arts/Social Sciences or;
- A qualification in the natural sciences combined with another in Arts/Social Sciences.
- Considerable experience and exposure in programmatic support i.e. online research, data analysis, events or related activities.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
All Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, and a cover letter submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position and Vacancy Number as the Subject no later than 26th March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.