Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Consultancy jobs, Healthcare jobs,
We have big ambitions and require a Paediatric Nurse with Maternity experience. Reporting to our nurse-in-charge, we are looking for someone highly motivated, caring, dedicated Paediatric Nurse to be responsible for the medical and health care of children and willing to take up alot of initiative with a passion for providing high quality care to our clients.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Certification as a Registered Nurse for Paediatric care
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/ (medical training) college
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in clinical work as a licensed Paediatric Nurse and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all clients
- Position holder should have atleast 5 years experience in maternity
- Experience with neonatal resuscitation after birth (Preferred)
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; empathy and the ability to relate to children
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Strong leadership and initiative to solve problems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and exercise good judgment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients’ symptoms and medical history for the doctor;
- Assessing a child’s needs and providing initial care;
- Identifying changes in children’s symptoms and intervening in emergency situations;
- Participating in pain management for children;
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines;
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records;
- Monitoring and giving care plan for admitted neonates in the NBU.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child’s illness or injury;
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures;
- Educating general nurses on updated information needed to improve patient outcomes;
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, post natal care and other services for clients at the facility based on Jacaranda’s Maternity’s clinical protocols and processes;
- Any other duties as assigned.
The job holder will be expected to provide quality Paediatric services to both outpatients and inpatients; and assist in ensuring smooth operations in the clinical department and contribute positively to business strategy.
- MMed in Paediatrics and Child Health care from a recognized institution
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board.
- Registered, licenced and retained by the Kenya Medical Practitioners Board.
- At least 2 years’ post graduate working experience in a busy facility.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Should have the desire and ability to enhance the scope of paediatric health services in order to meet and exceed the expectation of the client.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to positively influence and nurture teamwork.
- High level of customer-satisfaction orientation.
- Expert diagnostic skills.
- Trustworthy and compassionate character.
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
What You Will Do
- Skills and Capacity Building (Initially 70% of your time, but this will be reduced as capacity is built)
- Draft protocols in relation to development of our neonatal nursery in accordance with risk specifications of the hospital;
- Draft protocols in relation to handling of paediatric patients in relation to outpatient services;
- Provide training to our clinical workforce and assist with curriculum development to promote continuous training and monitoring, provided via the Clinical Educator;
- Draft drills to assist with upskilling existing clinical workforce.
- Clinical Work (initially 30% of your time, but will increase as our hospital network grows)
- Conduct regular thorough examinations on newborns and young children to check and record their health and normal physical development;
- Examine sick children to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms;
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and individual medical history;
- Prescribe medications and give detailed instructions for administration;
- Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities;
- Examine and treat injuries and refer the little patients to physicians of other disciplines when necessary (e.g. surgeons, ophthalmologists, orthopaedists etc.);
- Advise parents on children’s diet, exercise and disease preventive measures;
- Keep updated records of patients’ illnesses, surgeries or other medical episodes (allergic shocks, injuries etc.);
- Keep abreast of advancements in paediatrics and best practices by attending seminars and conferences
- Medical care will conform to best practice and meet contract target and service specifications;
- A preliminary discharge summary will be issued to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications;
- Coordinating and managing emergency patients in the inpatient and outpatient and ensuring client referral is effective;
- The referring doctor will be kept informed of inpatient and outpatient progress;
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all staff and patients and ensure clients have a good customer experience at Jacaranda Maternity;
- Ensure that patients are kept fully informed of and understand all procedures and treatments to be undertaken. Informed Consent will be obtained from patients in accordance with Jacaranda policy;
- Maintain patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Should you receive or become aware of complaints relating to the standard of care and/or the treatment of patients, or professional attitudes toward staff, these shall be referred to the Chief Executive Officer and discussed with the Senior Management Team;
- Liaise with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- A maximum of 20 min response time for emergencies on scheduled shifts.