Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Electrical Engineering jobs, Computer Science jobs,Telecommunications jobs,
Area Manager Maintenance
AREA MANAGER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• General maintenance of the fiber network, network nodes and 4G infrastructure in his/her area
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
• Manage maintenance teams in the region through allocation of duties, follow up of field teams, review and update assigned trouble tickets, coordinate contractor teams and expedite fault recovery.
• Proactive management of nodes and access network through stringent routine prevention maintenance of power and air conditioning equipment, inspection and preventive maintenance of both underground and overhead optic fiber network.
• Liaise with roads authorities (KURA), road contractors, building contractors and other wayleave users (telecommunication, power, water and sewerage) to safeguard the optic fiber backbone and access network from avoidable damage. This includes attending relevant meetings with the various authorities and property managers.
• Generate regional reports to the Head of Maintenance, make follow up and feedback on daily network and customer reports.
• Proper maintenance of assigned splicing equipment and tools including routine servicing and repair when necessary.
• Maintain cross-functional relationships and follow ups for Customer relationship management
• Coordinate safety measures in the assigned region.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE AREA MANAGER JOB
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electronics, telecommunications or related field.
• At least five (5) years working experience in a network maintenance/network support role
• Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunication infrastructure.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good supervisor and coordination skills;
• Leadership and management skills
Online Charging Systems (OCS) Engineer
NLINE CHARGING SYSTEMS (OCS) ENGINEER KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Network liaison for OCS capabilities within JTL for products like Prepaid, real-time alerting, usage reporting, and call/session control
- Develop detailed end-to-end technical requirements across various network elements for new features/capabilities
- Front end the Business teams (Retail & Wholesale, IT, RA, Legal, etc.) to gather requirements and translate them into an OCS centric solution
- Proactively work with Network Implementation, Maintenance Engineering, and Operations Teams to ensure successful implementation leading to the launch of products and new price plans
- Present and analyse technical solutions and make recommendations that meet technical, timing, and financial requirements
- Develop and execute detailed test plans
- Provide support for lab and production deployments
- Troubleshoot production issues as they relate to the product lines the team oversees
- Manage and support the test infrastructure for the team
- Manage vendors on software releases and delivery of new features
- Stay abreast of any other advanced technologies that may offer Verizon JTL significant technical and/or financial benefit now or in the future.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Bachelor’s degree (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science)
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in ZTE or Huawei OCS
- Knowledge of Online Charging architecture, concepts and network flows for voice, messaging, and data calls.
- Wireless 3G and 4G LTE infrastructure, architecture, call flow and IMS knowledge is preferred.
- Background on 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards and protocols, TCP/IP and DIAMETER, Radius, SS7,SIP.
- Solid network troubleshooting skills (PGW traces, CDRs and billing records in general)