Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
management consulting jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs,
Investment Analyst – Africa
Accion Venture Lab seeks a strategic and collaborative Investment Analyst to support our investment work across Africa. The Investment Analyst will support the Africa Partner in various aspects of Venture Lab’s work in Africa, including deal sourcing, investment analysis and diligence, and transaction closing, while learning about and contributing to our post-investment governance and support to portfolio companies.
The role will be highly entrepreneurial, spanning countries across Africa while being exposed to our global investment activities and cutting edge fintech innovation, with a focus on social impact. We are looking for a person to be based in a major African regional hub ideally in Cairo, Lagos, or Nairobi.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience working in the Africa region, ideally with experience in finance, consulting, venture capital investing, fintech, or impact investing more broadly. The candidate should have a demonstrated passion for social impact.
- Support the Africa team in building a strong pipeline of investment opportunities in Africa
- Use financial analysis and written skills to prepare investment memos, analysis, and impact thesis development for prospective investment opportunities
- Support in investment structuring, documentation, and execution.
- Build and actively manage portfolio of investments, including representing Venture Lab on boards and providing management support to companies, including on (as applicable) finance and operating strategy, business development and lead generation, introductions/connections, fundraising support, and seeking opportunities to leverage Accion resources and expertise to benefit the investee.
- Provide support during events held in the region by the firm to grow our network of co-investors, entrepreneurs, and ecosystem supporters
- Proactively develop knowledge resources for the Africa region, including preparation of documents on investment thesis, key trends, and company status reports
- Assist with ongoing Venture Lab operations and administration, including creation of Venture Lab presentations and reports, portfolio company tracking and monitoring, and coordination of documentation and data rooms.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in early-stage investing, financial services, technology, management consulting, investment banking, and/or marketing – opportunity provides responsibilities scaled to experience.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for entrepreneurship and tech-enabled solutions to poverty.
- Should have an interest in working with startups or growth-stage enterprises in emerging markets
- Understanding of financial services and/or financial inclusion, particularly financial technology, payment systems, and/or innovative delivery models.
- Strong research and analysis skills, including financial and strategy analytics.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to earn respect of Accion colleagues, investors, and enterprises.
- Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Experience working and/or living in the Africa region preferred.
- French language fluency, a plus.
- Willingness to travel 20% or more (will be altered based on the status of pandemic-induced travel restrictions).