Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Media jobs, Advertising jobs, Branding jobs,
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights and defeat poverty for all. We are a non-partisan, non-religious development organization and have been working in Kenya since 1972 to end poverty and injustices.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Purpose of the Consultancy
ActionAid International Kenya (AAIK) is seeking the services of an enthusiastic and pro-active individual to support the communications team in creating engaging graphics for a variety of media. This includes defining requirements, visualising and creating graphics like illustrations, layouts, photos and videos.
- Design digital advocacy and campaign content. Prepare images to coincide with social and blog posts. Continuous updating of all website and social media banners, images etc.
- Brand storytelling by editing videos to allure specific audiences
- Identify communication and information needs, priorities, and provide technical advice to communication team on appropriate communication approaches and products to best reflect key messages and target different audiences.
- The development and delivery of quality, timely and widely accessible communication and information products and services using a range of multimedia and communication platforms.
- Ensure the adequate dissemination and sharing of AAIK programme key messages, information and knowledge products to variety of target, while adhering to the branding guidelines and visibility for the programme as per AAIK and donor rules and regulations.
- Review and support the production of AAIK programme’s audio-visual communication and advocacy materials, including short documentaries/videos that would document and capture the activities of the programmes.
- Maintain and compile AAIK library of photos and audio-visuals of the programmes’ activities that can be retrieved and utilised on different occasions.
- Review final layouts and propose to the communications team alternative options that enhance better alignment of graphics and narratives.
- Confer with communications team to discuss and determine the optimal/selected layout design.
4. Required Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience using adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Premier Pro etc) and any other standard design software.
- Good knowledge of communication and/or information management principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of multimedia to develop a range of communication and information products.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the changing trends.
- Knowledge of the working practices of the national media.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for designing and assessing quality and efficiency of process execution.
- Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
- Highly creative, innovative and self-motivated individual
- A compeling portfolio with projects showcasing skills that are relevant to AAIK’s visual content goals
- 3 – 5 years experience in graphic design
Applications will be submitted via email to email@example.com and cc Agnes.Musau@actionaid.org on or before 26th November 2021. For any clarifications, please contact the aforementioned.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted