Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Position: Data Analyst
Deadline: 3rd December 2019
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. The Center seeks to recruit a Data Analyst to work within its Population Dynamics, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Unit.
- Participate in the development, review and translation of research tools;
- Participate in the pre-testing of data collection platforms;
- Data cleaning including conducting all the required consistency checks for project data;
- Document project data sets according to the Center’s guidelines on data documentation, archiving and sharing;
- Extract data and prepare analytical files;
- Develop template syntax files for research staff to use in creating various data sets;
- Perform basic and advanced statistical analysis of data;
- Assist in training other staff members on data analysis;
- Participate in scientific writing;
- Write technical reports on data issues; and
- Participate in proposal development and review.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Master’s degree in statistics or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in high level quantitative skills -managing, analyzing and interpreting data- such as multivariate and multilevel/ longitudinal analysis, preferably with STATA;
- Proficiency in MS Office; and
- Experience using Open Data Kit (ODK) software and Nesstar is highly desirable.
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi