Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Jobs
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
To support this transformation, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the position of Protocol and Liaison Assistant.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Senior Administration Officer, the Protocol and Liaison Assistant works under the guidance as AGRA’s liaison with government agencies (KRA, MOFA & Immigration) to ensure proper Diplomatic staff registration within the stipulated time and statutory government submissions. The role supports Tax refunds, diplomatic staff registration, housing, vehicle importation, security clearance and in-country settlement for all new staff. Additionally, the role works closely with the Office Administrator on vehicle management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Government Liaison – Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Immigration /Treasury
- Prepares, submit and follow up work permit application forms for all Internationally & Regionally recruited staff and their dependents for issuance of re-entry passes.
- Prepares, submits and follows up notifications of arrival/departure forms for all IRS & RRS and dependents (18-23 years) for issuance of government identification passes.
- Prepares, submits and follows up Pro A- Notification of Arrival (Diplomatic ID).
- Prepares, submits and follows up Pro D- Notification of Departure.
- Prepares, submits PIN application for all hired IRS.
- Prepares, submit and follows up Pro 1B forms for duty free purchases.
- Prepares, submit and follows up Form A for vehicle registration forms for issuance of log books and NTSA plates.
- Prepares, submit and follows up Pro 1C- Vehicle disposal for IRS leaving Organization.
- Prepares, submits and follows up application for Blankets/VAT exemptions for both AGRA and exempt staff monthly.
- Prepares, submits and follows up on Multiple and single-entry visa for those visiting Kenya.
- Handled clearance of consignment from customs.
VAT & Blankets follow up
- Works closely with the finance team to ensure VAT refunds and blankets are prepared and submitted on time;
- Follow up of tax refunds giving a monthly status update on account;
- Advisory services to management on any change of policy regarding VAT.
- Prepares, submit and follows up on Student and Internship passes for international dependents and visitors.
- Prepares documentation for passport application for and renewal for all staff.
- Together with the office administrator take an active role in logistics management to include but not limited to vehicle fueling, servicing, repair and cleaning.
- Assists with office driving errands.
- Creating of a protocol logbook to serve as a reference point for protocol FAQ and regular update of the same.
- Create a protocol e-filing and hard copy filing system.
- Create an alert system for all protocol related renewals.
- Advisory services on visas.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years of working experience in a busy office handling protocol support.
- Degree with a business major or a Diploma in any area of business and 7 years’ experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of GOK/ MOFA and Immigration requirements.
- Experience handling VAT refunds.
- Previous experience of working with government offices.
- Completion of secondary school.
- A minimum of 5 years driving experience with a valid driving license.
- Familiarity with working for non-profit organization or public enterprise.
How to Apply
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
- To be considered, applications must be received by 24th February, 2020.
- For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer