Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position: Program Coordinator
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator for Francophone Africa (FA) will provide strategic management of SPARC’s programmatic pillars (coaching/mentoring program, country engagement, and knowledge management) and business operations in FA, as well as pilot the SPARC approach in Francophone countries. S/he will ensure the initial work plan for FA is coherently implemented and SPARC achieves its mission of becoming the “go-to” resource center for strategic purchasing in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Program Coordinator will provide day to day management and oversight of program activities in FA and will be responsible for the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, monitoring and budgeting. S/he will also advise on overall project strategy and design, contribute technical expertise to specific health system challenges, and oversee implementation of activities. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective coordination with the Nairobi hub, other actors, monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance, representation and partnership development, proposal and resource development; and organizational learning. Principal responsibilities are delineated in the table below.
- SPARC is a small team with an ambitious work plan and works in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. The ideal candidate is highly-motivated, a fast learner, resourceful, flexible, independent, energetic, with excellent communications skills, cultural sensitivity and experience working with senior leaders.
- Advanced degree in public health, Health Economics, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years’ experience providing program support to similar initiatives or in a health-related setting.
- Strong international development and program/project management background in FA; knowledge of UHC, health financing and/or health economics a bonus
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the complexities and nuances of designing and carrying out health programs in FA
- Demonstrated leadership skills and expertise in the management of health programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross cultural teams
- Strong knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as the ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple competing time and resource demands, highly organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products at expert level
- Willing to travel within the region and across the African continent
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in French and English.
How to apply
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please quote the reference number (REF: Amref/SPARC/Prog Coordinator-FA/10-03/2019) as the subject line of your email send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Friday 6th December , 2019. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview