Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Supply Chain Jobs, 2020 Jobs
Supply & Co-Packing Planner
- Nairobi, Kenya
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
We believe that the way we reach our customers is as important as the product we choose to sell, and following this mission, the referred position will be responsible for planning the supply of products in the region, to ensure optimal fill rate and customer satisfaction. Working in close collaboration with the Supply & Delivery Manager, Sales and Marketing Departments, and various different suppliers, the Supply Planner will be responsible for driving the supply operations, including co-packing, in order to respond to the business needs, ensuring high customer service while optimizing inventory holdings.
Strategy and Design
- Define local Inventory policies, with focus on improving cash position by efficiently managing the inventory
- Define replenishment process and methods (Visual View, Periodic View, Re-Order Point, Time-Phased Order Point)
- Continuously evaluate inventory policy in terms of safety stock and average coverage days. Make necessary improvements based on business updates
- Defines the BOM (Bill of Material) and MRP (Material requirement planning) for Co-Packing activities
- Ensure all planning parameters are correctly updated on planning systems
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
- Drive Supply Planning activities to meet customer expectations in terms of Service Level while ensuring optimal stock holdings
- Run monthly meetings with factory planners to review future forecast and supply constraints
- Analyze business needs in terms of products and ensure their availability
- Responsible for local inventory levels; balance between intended service level and optimal inventory holdings
- Proactively identifying potential supply issues and working with key stakeholders to ensure that they are resolved
- Place firm intercompany orders for local warehouse replenishment; follow up with factory planners until order is shipped
- Ensure best possible container optimization on inbound orders, to keep Freight-In costs as low as possible
- Keep track on Overstock and Slow-Moving items. Work with Sales and Marketing teams to propose actions to deplete them
- Work closely with Marketing teams to ensure on-time availability on new products
- Prepare co-packing planning and distribution planning for replenished terms
- Participate in local S&OP process
- Oversee Inventory holdings along the region. Participate in short- and medium-term inventory planning
- Anticipate, communicate and bring solutions for products shortages on local DC
- Measure Supply & Deliver performance ensuring and improving KPI targets
Key Performance Indicators
- Forecasting Accuracy, MAPE at different Lags
- Intercompany Orders accuracy, MAPE at different Lags
- Fill Rate Service Level, in value and volume
- Inventory Holdings, absolute value and as % of Net Sales
- Slow Movers and Overstock
- On Time New Products Launch
Knowledge, skills, competencies
D – Desired
Previous / Professional Experience
R Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
R Minimum experience of 3 years’ experience with Supply Planning roles.
D Degree or Certification in Supply Chain, Engineering or any other technical-numerical field.
D Experience on multicultural environment desired.
Leadership and Personal Skills
R Embodies all the BIC Values & Behaviors: Simplicity, Ethics, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Ingenuity.
R Has effective communication skills, both at operational level and at managerial level.
R Strong team player and can empower the team to grow and be responsible for their own work.
R Process oriented, solution driven and a continuous improvement mindset. Be able to perform in a Lean organization.
R Strong organization and time management skills. Efficient and can prioritize workload.
R Demonstrates ability to make accurate and timely decisions.
R Is customer oriented. Plans stock arrivals in order to respect the agreed customer service level.
R Process Oriented. Ability to continuously improve a supply chain and manage complex customer needs.
R Has advanced capacity to solve problems, analyze data and to recall and apply information.
R Strong analytical and numerical skills.
R Hands-on in line with BIC culture, can handle various tasks with humility and business drive.
D Engages in career development by identifying occupational interests, strengths, options and opportunities. make insightful career planning decisions based on integration and feedback; seek out additional training to pursue career goals.
D Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, across disciplines and throughout different levels of the organization.
D Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas and improve working methodologies. Able to breakdown complex issues into simple components and build/implement required action plans.
Knowledge and Competences
R Knowledge on inventory planning systems (e.g. JDE).
R Knowledge on basic inventory planning parameters such as Lead Time, Safety Stock, average coverage days and inventory turnover.
R Understands lead times from different sources and its impact in the supply schedule.
R Understands the product lifecycle and its supply impact.
R Knowledge of ERP system (e.g. JDE). Advanced excel.
R Accurately budgets inventory holdings.
R Develops best sourcing strategies and risk management strategies.
D Advanced management of co-packing module and inventory module in local ERP system
D Shows knowledge on Project Management: understands the methodology for planning, organizing and managing resources to achieve a project goal.
D Local Planning software advanced knowledge (normally GPS and ICO process).
D Manages risks; counts with alternative plans for the strategic activities of the department.
D Is creative; challenge the status quo.
D Technical savvy.
Note: Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact your line manager and your HR representative before applying.
Applications (CV + cover letter) including Job Requisition Number should be sent to Lisper.Rucha@bicworld.com or Hr.Bicea@bicworld.com by no later than 18 February 2020.