Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Managerial Jobs, Engineering Jobs,
REPORTS TO: Head of Manufacturing East Africa
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
This is a key role facilitating the achievement of the factory objectives. The Cell Manager has 24-hour accountability for all Daily Management Systems (DMS), and organizational health of their Cell. He/she will be responsible for managing and improving results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need (CBN) and Site Master Plan through rigorous application of Run to Target (RTT) / IWS tools
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Effectively manages the department’s expenditure and assets within the agreed budget
- Hitting the plan, in this respect the Cell Manager will provide input to the planning system and understand the implications. The key result is ensuring that the factory produces the required volume and mix of products on time and of the required quality
- Continuous improvement of department KPIs. Drives the identification of improvement opportunities, prioritizes them based on impact on production plan and ensures development of action plans and their implementation e.g. optimization of resources, waste reduction, increasing productivity and flexibility.
- Quality: ensuring quality targets are met, consumer comments are responded to and detailed action plans result to ensure resolution of problems.
- Together with Process Engineering ensure the appropriate planning of preventative maintenance
- Coordination with the Engineering department of investment projects as required.
- Waste i.e., material/ tobacco/ process waste is managed through collaboration with support departments
- To maintain a professional and well-motivated team, ensuring appropriate training and development to ensure succession for all key positions. And to promote coaching and champion people development so that it is cascaded to all levels of the organization – ensuring a self-sustaining organization
- To engender of a culture of Openness, supported by Change management principles – so the organization is prepared for change and innovation
- To implement local manufacturing strategy, to support and implement the cluster strategy.
- To sponsor/chair a number of projects, work streams and local committees, at local and cluster level.
- To champion the one business unit, ways of working and to provide leadership to the team and support the above-factory collaborative processes
- Regularly holds meetings with Cell members to communicate monthly results, company news & changes, projects and discuss action plans for the next month
- Identifying talent and ensuring their growth and providing coaching as relevant within the whole department.” Ensuring all members of the teams have development plans & regular performance discussions.
- Manages performance of the factory against targets (plan, costs, quality, waste, safety and hygiene standards) and continuously seeks for opportunities to improve performance even if targets are met
- People management in a Union environment i.e. Development, Manpower planning, Holidays, Performance assessments
- Ensure good communications structures are in place within the teams in SMD/PMD/FMD.
- Budget management, in terms of head count, overtime expenditure, consumable spend and waste costs.
- OEE as indicator of Continuous Improvement process
- To develop an environment which seeks to continuously improve using IWS pillars, systems and tools, other global assessments and from ideas which come from not only within the department but the rest of the factory and other BAT locations
- Innovation is key in ensuring that the business develops; Cell Managers have to ensure that ideas are generated, investigated
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelors ‘degree in Engineering – (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal- and communication skills to influence key stakeholders, and motivate large numbers of people
- Knowledge of EHS standards and policies
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of raw materials and product in general.
- Knowledge of factory information systems, MES, SAP and continuous improvement methodology (ex IWS) – will be considered an added advantage
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!