Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Job Opening at Catholic Relief Services
CRS is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality and works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Advisor I
The MEAL Technical Advisor I under the direction of the EARO MEAL STA will provide technical assistance to six country programs in the East Africa Region: Ethiopia, Kenya / Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan and Sudan. The Technical Advisor I will support the EARO MEAL STA create linkages between program monitoring and evaluation to enhance accountability and learning in the on-going health, water, agriculture, microfinance, and Orphans and Vulnerable Children programs in the region.
The Technical Advisor I will work as part of the EARO Programming Quality team who provide support to country programs to ensure high quality programming and grant management. The Technical Advisor I will be a part of the regional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) CoP led by the EARO MEAL STA to promote best practices, learning and sharing and advance CRS’ Agency Strategy (2014-2018), which recognizes MEAL as a Core Competency. CRS – EARO is seeking to integrate accountability and learning with monitoring and evaluation to enhance donors and stakeholders’ accountability of resources and program impact, and to enhance learning for quality programming in development and emergency programs.
(Note:If you have ever wanted to work with NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Here is your chance, click here)
- Support the development and contribute to the implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools and best practices in MEAL and effectively engage partners, donors, and governments. Help ensure a cross-sectoral approach integrating gender, protection mainstreaming, and disaster risk reduction.
- Provide technical solutions to CP teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools and MEAL, helping to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead, the development of the technical design for proposals. Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval of project concepts and full-fledged proposals. As needed, act as a technical writer on proposal development teams. Advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities and technical requirements into CRS’ approach.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives in MEAL programming for staff and partner through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching.
- Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for specific projects to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to the MEAL learning agenda.
- Contribute to maintaining relationships with donors, peer organizations, research and other institutions, participate in forums in the area of MEAL to collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work.
Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing CPs technical support on all matters pertaining to MEAL;
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan for strengthening capacity of Country Program and Regional staff to design and implement MEAL systems as per CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures to improve program quality;
- Assisting Country Programs to strengthen capacity of Local Partner staff to implement MEAL systems to improve program quality
- ;Assisting Country Programs and the Regional team in project design and the development and review of strategies;
- Collaborating with Regional and Country Program staff to realize a learning agenda rooted in evidenced-based approaches.
- Collaborating with Regional and Country Program staff Improve accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms, and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements
- Developing MEAL resources that benefit EARO staff primarily, but that also have wider agency resonance
- Actively participating in the agency regional MEAL Advisors community to strengthen MEAL practices in the region.
- Accountability and Stewardship
- Build Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Strategic Mindset
Background, Experience & Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in MEAL.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in MEAL. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
- Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis, including quantitative data analysis in SPSS, Stata or EPI-Info.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Method of Application
(IMPORTANT:Write a Perfect Cover Letter in minutes and start getting interviews! Get expert advice as you write.Use Theses Examples Proven to Work.)
To apply for this position, follow this link catholicreliefservicescareers
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview