Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Head of Talent Jobs, CloudFactory Opportunities,
Closing Date: Not Specified
Head of Talent, Kenya
You will be an integral part of making CloudFactory a great place to work, where we build a great team, where our team members are motivated to do their best work, and where everyone can make a difference. Exceptional people deserve the best that we can provide in terms of working environment and support. We trust our people and provide them with the freedom to make choices that work for them and their loved ones. As Head of Talent, Kenya this role is responsible for helping us build and support this exceptional group of people.
Working with the leadership team in Kenya and the wider Talent team, this role overseas talent acquisition activities for the core team in Kenya, is responsible for all talent operations in Kenya and actively involved with CloudFactory Academy to support the development of our talent.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
This position is a key strategic role in CloudFactory helping to grow the business to enable us to achieve our mission, and allowing us to build a unique and strong people oriented culture.
Reporting to: Country Manager, Kenya & Global Director of Talent
Your main responsibilities as the Head of Talent, Kenya will be to:
- Work with the leadership team in Kenya and global talent leadership, this role will own all talent related activities for Kenya core employees. This includes onboarding, performance management, career pathways, promotions, compensation & benefits and offboarding.
- Together with the Country Manager and Global Director of Talent, create a Kenya Talent Strategy, with a clear plan for delivering against the strategy. This role will own the Talent Plan for Kenya.
- Provide effective leadership for talent acquisition in Kenya, liaising with subject matter experts in the Global talent team to successfully deliver against TA objectives.
- Continually look for ways to improve our service to our stakeholders, coming up with solutions that supports the business in working towards its mission.
- Support the Global Director of Talent with providing a strong employee experience for all of our Global Expats.
- Manage the Kenya reward cycle, including the quarterly preparation of the Variable Compensation plans.
- Lead on a whole range of employee relation issues as and when they arise, working with Outside Counsel where the need arises.
- Coordinate the company performance review process, including supporting with the review documentation and holding information sessions for managers and our employees to support with the process.
- Lead on the analysis of employee feedback surveys and jointly own (with the Country Manager) the preparation, communication and execution of a local action plan.
- Maintain the local employee handbook to ensure local compliance of policies and procedures. Work closely with the Country Manager and Global Director of Talent to make revisions to the handbook as needed from time to time.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on the practical application of our policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with local legislation, and make recommendations on adjustments and training that CloudFactory need to make in order to ensure that any changes to the legislation are proactively planned and CloudFactory’s employee handbook is up to date.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests on a day to day basis as required.
- Regularly contribute across the Talent team as a whole, recommending improvements to systems and procedures to improve efficiency in the team.
- Undertake and leads global talent team projects in line as required.
- Coordinate with local vendors to access salary and benefits market data and advising the Country Manager and Global Director of Talent on local implementation steps
- The experience required to work with us is at least 12 years of experience in Talent Management or Workforce Planning covering all aspects of the HR discipline.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above and must be a registered member of IHRM.
- You have in-depth understanding and knowledge of the Labour Laws in Kenya and all HR aspects that impact on the business
- You have experience providing support to a Global Expat team
- You have excellent decision making, problem solving, coaching and people management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across all departments and with external stakeholders
- Proven experience working in an environment of rapid growth and involved with local leadership management
- Great Mission and Culture
- Meaningful Work
- Growth Opportunities
- Market Competitive Salary
- Health and Medical
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview