FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Audit Committee Members Jobs,
AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBERS (TWO POSITIONS)
Pursuant to the provisions of the Public Finance Management Act, 2012 and the Public Finance Management (Regulations) 2015, the Commission invites applications to fill the above position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide strong and effective oversight of the commission’s Internal Audit Function;
- Promote effective and efficient audit process by providing an independent review of the internal audit work plans and reports;
- Evaluate internal and external audit reports and make appropriate recommendations;
- Evaluate the adequacy of the control environment to ensure high standards and functioning of the financial and non-financial internal control system;
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of the commission’s Financial Reporting Process; and
- regularly undertake independent review of the commission’s financial statements;
- Monitor the effectiveness of the commission’s performance management and performance information;
- Review the level of compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promote a culture committed to lawful and ethical behavior.
i) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: – Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Banking, Law or any other related field from
a University recognized in Kenya.
ii) Possession of a Master’s Degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
iii) Professional qualifications relevant to their field and be a member in good standing of the relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, IIA, IHRM, ICPSK, AKIB.
i) A Minimum of (10) years professional experience in any of the following fields:- Accounting,
Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, or Law at
senior management level in the Public Service, 5 of which must have been in Audit;
ii) Have a thorough understanding of the relevant legislations, best practices and emerging issues
in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management,
Law and other related fields in the public service;
iii) Have a good understanding of the mandate of the Commission on Revenue Allocation as well as
National Government operations and financial management system.
Knowledge and skills requirements, and general competencies:
i) Be a person of integrity, demonstrated professional competence and strong interpersonal skills;
ii) Not be a present employee or past employee of the Commission on Revenue Allocation for the
last two (2) years;
iii) Be compliant with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and
Integrity, and must obtain clearance from the following institutions:-Ethics and Anti-corruption
Commission, Criminal Investigations Department, Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education
Loans Board and any of the Credit Reference Bureaus.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
Members of the committee shall:
- Be appointed for a term of three (3) years, renewable for a further one term subject to satisfactory performance.
- Serve on a part time basis.
- Be paid allowances at rates determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send (2) separately secured copies of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. The application cover MUST clearly indicate the
position being applied for.
Applications should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand
delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Friday 7th August 2020 as follows:APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF …………………………………………. (insert appropriate position)
TO: THE COMMISSION SECRETARY
COMMISSION ON REVENUE ALLOCATION
Grosvenor Block, 2nd Floor
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200 NAIROBI
The CRA is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview