Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Human Resource Officer Jobs, Career Opportunity,
Responsible to: HR Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: October/November 2020
Application deadline: 21st September 2020
Crisis Action is a global organization that works with individuals and organizations from across the world to protect civilians from armed conflict. Crisis Action has offices in Brussels, Beirut, Berlin, London, Johannesburg, Nairobi, New York, Paris and Washington DC. We are a catalyst and convener of joint action whose work behind the scenes enables coalitions to work quickly and effectively. As a coordinating body we seek no public profile or media spotlight; it is the voice of the coalition that matters. Our core mandate is the protection of civilians. Crisis Action is who its people are and what they do, and we are therefore passionate about creating a highly dynamic and professional work environment that enables our staff to thrive and constantly grow.
Crisis Action seeks the services of an HR Officer to support the HR Director in implementation of HR policies and procedures. The HR Officer will provide HR support for the fantastic global team. As HR Officer you will provide day to day HR support for the HR Director in order to ensure that the HR systems and processes put in place are working well. In addition, you will assist the HR Director to implement initiatives that preserve and develop Crisis Action’s unique culture, make the most of investment in systems, and seek out and deliver opportunities to make Crisis Action a great place to work for all staff.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support operational aspects of the employee life cycle such as recruitment, contracts, induction, performance management, training and offboarding.
- Manage HR documentation and ensure accurate record keeping.
- Assist the HR Director implement HR related organizational projects.
- Provide support to HR Director and Office Directors on HR policies and national employment laws in countries we are operating in and act as a supportive and effective HR resource for all staff.
- Work with the HR Director to preserve and develop Crisis Action’s unique culture to foster a continuously improving organization.
- Support the HR Director to implement learning programs that foster continuous growth for the entire team.
- Assist with implementation of internal trainings that will boost key leadership skills and support maximising both individual and organisational effectiveness.
- Work with the HR Director to update and maintain HR policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook according to all relevant employment legislation.
- Support with the production of accurate and timely management information for quarterly board meetings using our cloud based HCM system Financial Force.
- CIPD qualified or the equivalent work experience.
- Experience of operational HR work within an international environment.
- Awareness of the international differences within employment law.
- Experience of working on a cloud based HCM Database such as SalesForce/FinancialForce/Fairsail.
- Resilience and an ability to cope with multiple internal and external demands.
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- High level of ambition, energy and enthusiasm; a can-do attitude and drive to see commitments and projects through.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- A commitment to Crisis Action’s aims and core values.
- Experience working for a global organisation, across different time zones and with offices in different countries.
How to apply
Please apply via our online system no later than 23:59 EAT Sunday 21st September 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. We regret that due to the volume of applications we cannot respond individually to each applicant
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Equal opportunities: Crisis Action values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. All applicants for employment will receive equal treatment without discrimination on grounds of gender, race, ethnic or national origins, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other grounds.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview