Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
CTG Jobs, Jobs in Kenya, Chief Medical Officer Job
Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
|Position title||Chief Medical Officer (CMO)|
|Place of performance||Kenya|
|Duration||up to 5 months (@21.75days/month)|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Public Health, Community Health, Health Policy & Management, Epidemiology or related, from an accredited university.|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 10 years of demonstrable relevant Healthcare experience and/or minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Humanitarian Aid experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in English is essential.|
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||Our client is seeking an experienced Chief Medical Officer with a good bedside manner to join our client’s healthcare team. In this position, a chief medical officer needs to make sure that all daily tasks and goals are met within a particular wing or department of a hospital, attends to any legal or bureaucratic issues that may arise, brainstorms ways to improve patient care, and continues to practice medicine in addition to managerial duties.|
|Role objectives||Train, motivate and oversee all health care providers and support staffOversees departmental patient care.Serves as liaison between physicians and hospital administration.Devises ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of department.Attends hospital board meetings.Brings concerns, requests, and problems to the hospital board as necessary.Manages budget for hospital department.Orders new hospital equipment, machinery, and supplies.Assigns tasks to physicians, nurses, and hospital staff for review as necessary.Trains and advises new physicians on staff.Ensures that all practices in the department adhere to hospital standards and code of medical ethics.Coordinates staff schedules.Oversees and staff’s partner clinics.Attends conferences to stay up-to-date on latest hospital technology.|
|Project reporting||To be advised.|
– University degree in Medicine from an accredited university.
– An advanced university degree (Masters or Higher) in Public Health, Community Health, Health Policy & Management, Epidemiology or related, will be preferred.
– Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
– Valid, state-issued medical license in good standing
– Minimum of ten years of professional experience in the domain of public health, including in the context of humanitarian situations, experience of working within the health system of Kenya would be preferred.
– 5+ years’ experience in a middle management or executive role
– Experience in project development and management would be an added advantage.
– Willingness to adhere to all in-house and legal regulations
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
Fluent in English.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioral competencies:
– Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism, works effectively with all clients and stakeholders.
– Promotes continuous learning, communicates clearly.
– Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management.
– Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
– Contributes to a collegial team environment.
– Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
– Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions i.e;
– Delivers on set objectives.
– effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners.
– Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
|Team management||To be advised.|
|Further information||Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.|
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview
Dont Miss The Latest Jobs Advertised Today. CLICK HERE to register for FREE