How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Position: Cash Grants & Finance Assistant
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Cash grants assistant will ensure that all the cash grants payments are in compliance with DRC OH and donor rules.
- Register and scan all USD invoices and all cost invoice documentation onto DRC Dynamics at point of payment.
- USD Bank reconciliation in Dynamics.
- Retrieving cash grants and USD documents required during audits working closely with the compliance department.
- Review of Cash grants vouchers for accuracy and compliance with the Cash grants guidelines.
- Backfilling for the Finance Officer and the Accountant during periods of absence.
Position reports to the Regional Finance Manager
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Must possess a degree in Finance or Accounting and at least part II certification in CPA or ACCA.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role with international NGO
- Stable and robust character.
- Proven experience working with major donors EU, DFID, SIDA, USAID, USAID, UN & DANIDA, among other donors
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics will be an added advantage.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel.
- Languages: Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- Contract: One years’ contract with the possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for national staff graded at Employment Band NM.1.
- Availability: 1 January 2020
- Duty station: Nairobi
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 18 November 2019.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.