FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Managerial Jobs, Jobs in kenya
- Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a fully state-owned company whose key mandate is to spearhead the development of Geothermal Resources for energy generation in line with the Government of Kenya’s (GoK) goal to become self-sufficient in environment-friendly electric power generation.
- GDC is seeking to recruit for the position of Managing Director (MD) who will also serve as Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for implementing GDC’s Strategic Plans and policies as approved by the Board. He/ She will also serve as the Leader of the Management Team and their representative on the GDC Board.
- Work with the Board to institute appropriate strategies, plans and procedures to ensure achievement of the company’s Vision and Mission;
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the management team so as to ensure delivery of corporate objectives;
- Oversee day to day administration and establish effective structures, processes and systems to ensure appropriate control over company operations;
- Spearhead the establishment and sustenance of networks and partnerships to ensure GDC’s financial sustainability through effective fundraising strategies;
- Ensure achievement of GDC’s operating goals in line with Annual Performance Contracts negotiated with the Ministry responsible for energy matters;
- Ensure compliance with applicable statutory, legal and regulatory requirements and establish mitigation measures against emerging business risks;
- Enhance GDC’s public image by promoting and upholding high standards of integrity and governance within the company and cultivating positive working relationships with stakeholders including the media; and,
- Maintain a conducive work environment that helps attract, retain and motivate employees and foster a culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
- Be holders of Bachelor’s degree(s) from universities accredited by the Commission for University Education;
- Be holders of Master’s Degree(s) in fields relevant to Science, Business and/or Corporate Management;
- Holders of relevant qualifications in Renewable Energy will have added advantage;
- Holders of certification in Corporate Governance from recognized institutions will have added advantage;
- Have not less than fifteen (15) years working experience in public or private sectors of which at least ten (10) years must be at senior management level in large private or public organization(s);
- Be members in good standing registered with the body relevant to their profession(s);
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with government, donors and other stakeholders relevant to GDC’s work.
Terms of Service and Remuneration.
- The appointment is for a period of three (3) years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets. GDC offers salary and benefits consistent with scales approved by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- In addition to the person specifications outlined, candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the. Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the Leadership and Integrity Act.
In addition, applicants must attach copies of the following documents:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
- National Identity Card.
How To Apply
- Applicants are also notified of the mandatory requirement for shortlisted candidates to undergo both psychometric assessment testing and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
- Interested persons who feel they meet the relevant criteria are requested to submit applications enclosing a curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials. The CV must at the minimum provide details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional and work record.
- Applications may be deposited at GDC’s Head Office at KAWI House, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C along Red Cross Road, Nairobi or sent by post or email to:
Chairman of the Board,
Geothermal Development Company,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
Applications must be received by close of business on 7
th February 2020. Canvasing in any
manner shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview