FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Sales Jobs, Business Manager Jobs,
Branch Business Manager – Sameer Branch (Nairobi)
Reporting To: Regional Branch Business Manager
Overall Job Purpose
The Branch Business Manager will be responsible for mobilizing deposits and growing asset book while ensuring compliance to laid down policies and procedures for purposes of effective and efficient management of branch resources and maximizing branch profitability and Customer Service.
- Achieve growth of the branch asset and liability book to ensure growth of the branch and increase profits.
- Oversee the operations of the branch to ensure compliance of laid down policies and procedures.
- Directing, motivating and developing staff so as to ensure a branch succession plan for branch continuity is in place.
- Appraising and reviewing of staff performance so that branch strategies are accomplished.
- Safeguard and oversee the effective and efficient use of branch assets so that set budgets are adhered to.
- Setting branch strategies in line with company strategy and preparation of relevant reports to monitor and review performance.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A business related degree from a reputable institution, Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications- AKIB/ CPA/ACCA.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management within the Banking Industry and specifically Branch Management experience.
- Strong credit underwriting skills.
- Strong appreciation of banking operations, corporate, treasury, retail and transactional banking.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and basic accounting skills
- Demonstrated good planning and organisation skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Selling, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Team player and must have integrity.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview