Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Assurance Manager Jobs, Latest Jobs,
Posting Date: 2 Days Ago
Quality Assurance Manager
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager– ELMI
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Nairobi-based Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) for a proposal for the five year Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring intiative (ELMI) to support the USAID/Somalia’s performance management and support services. The QAM will provide performance management technical assistance and training to Implementing Partners and Mission staff in support of the USAID strategy to promote stabilization in Somalia through good governance, economic growth, and enhancing the delivery of basic social services. The contract comprises multiple, simultaneous Task Orders including: implementing an ongoing monitoring system for funded activities; baseline studies and evaluation and providing logistical, administrative, and facilitation support for technical team meetings with partners or other stakeholders for the purposes of planning, monitoring, evaluating and/or learning. This position is contingent upon award.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Quality Assurance Manager supports the Chief of Party (COP) in the direct supervision and reporting of the work of a major, multi-year Task Order for Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) through the provision of work planning and quality assurance expertise. In providing support to the COP, the QAM will have day-to-day responsibility in assisting the COP with the management of the MV&R Task Order and for monitoring compliance with contract delivery requirements and USAID policies. S/he will liaise with the Deputy Chief of Party/Technical on all technical requirements of this TO and with the Deputy Chief of Party/Operations on all matters related to budgeting and recruitment for these TOs.
The QAM position involves both the planning and oversight of a detailed, high tempo work plan for MV&R, and ensuring that the MV&R staff and funds are coordinated effectively and efficiently in the delivery of high quality deliverables. This will require that some time (approximately 25-30%) is spent in the field to support the training of and/or oversee the work of Field Supervisors, Third Party Monitors and other consultants.
The QAM collaborates closely with program and administrative staff in Nairobi, Somalia and at the IBTCI Home Office to ensure adherence to organizational program standards, procedures and contract requirements. This requires liaising with individual program staff, consultants and Third Party Monitor firms and coordinating and ensuring proper implementation of the program in accordance with IBTCI and USAID policies.
The QAM supports the COP in maintaining a collaborative team environment and good relations with USAID and its Implementing Partners and all other stakeholders.
Program Management responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Work Planning and Work Plan Implementation:
- Directly responsible for the detailed planning of all key MV&R work processes from pre-deployment, through data collection and field work to post-deployment and reporting
- Routine monitoring of the MV&R master work plan and workflow processes and problem-solving against constraints experienced in consultation with the MV&R Manager and team
- Monitor compliance with contract delivery requirements and USAID policies
- Propose appropriate MV&R policies and implementation strategy, and update periodically in consultation with the Deputy Chief of Party/Technical.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that MV&R processes are executed in accordance with established protocols and guidelines, and USAID and IBTCI standards.
- Timely and substantive review and finalization of MV&R deliverables and reports for submission to USAID, ensuring that they meet USAID and IBTCI quality standards.
- Presentation of MV&R analysis and key findings to USAID and IPs ensuring that they meet both USAID and IBTCI quality standards, involving the MV&R Manager and team.
- Obtain input and approval of new/revised tools and protocols for MV&R activities from the Deputy Chief of Party/Technical.
- Approve all MV&R Team deliverables prior to submission to the COP and HO
Budgeting, Contracting, Reporting and Representation:
- Preparation of MV&R weekly report to IBTCI Home Office and USAID.
- Negotiate, with the help of the Home Office, the TPM budgets prior to each Round of data collection in accordance with the terms of the MV&R Year III IDIQ, review and approve for issuance the round-specific task orders for TPMs, and conduct the initial review and submission through the COP of the TPM invoices for payment to the Home Office.
- Play a key role in the face-to-face meetings with the TPMs to ensure they are meeting USAID and IBTCI quality standards, and that they receive regular feedback regarding the same.
- Review and approval of MV&R monthly budget projections.
- Develop analytic framework to identify trends, key findings, outliers and lessons learned per M&V round (there are three rounds per year).
- Prepare periodic Synthesis and Analysis Reports for selected IPs, working with the Deputy Chief of Party/Technical.
- Plan and lead the preparation and delivery of USAID quarterly presentations with the input of the MV&R Manager and team.
- Key point of contact for MV&R Task Order in absence of COP.
Technical responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Consultant and Third Party Monitor Management and Capacity Development:
- Take the lead in the day-to-day supervision and management of the performance of MV&R contractors (TPMs, report writers, other consultants etc.), including development of scopes of work, selection, procurement, budgeting and performance monitoring with inputs from the MV&R Manager and Chief of Party.
- Manage any STTA assignments relevant to the delivery of MV&R obligations.
- Develop and assist in the delivery of training in the field and in Nairobi for TPMs, Field Supervisors and Report Writers.
- Develop the skills and capacities of the MV&R Team members.
Additional Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Represent IBTCI to the client and, where possible, in conferences and workshops.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or, preferred, an advanced degree
- Approximately 10 years of experience in program management and contract compliance
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with others to create and maintain a team environment and culture
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Demonstrated previous involvement in research or monitoring and evaluation projects
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents
- Familiarity with financial systems and administrative procedures, ideally with USAID or USG
- Familiarity with standard/office IT applications including program management software.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.