How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Farm Assistants Jobs, ILRI Jobs
Technical Farm Assistants – 2 Positions
- The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit two (2) Farm Assistants to assist with daily operations of the farm unit including animal husbandry and farm operations according to ILRI’s procedures and standards to ensure smooth running of the daily operations.
- ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Feeding and watering of all animals in the facility by following set instructions and procedures to ensure healthy and well-cared for animals;
- Cleaning of animal housing and equipment as well as specialty cleaning such as isolation areas, by following set instructions and procedures to maintain and optimise animal health and well-being
- Cleaning of the facility and equipment by following set instructions and procedures to prevent contamination and achieve and maintain a clean, orderly and audit ready facility at all times
- Handling and disposing of waste materials by following set instructions and procedures in order to comply with biosafety and other health and environmental regulations and to prevent contamination;
- Conduct relevant observations, examination and/ or analysis with regard to animal health and wellbeing by following set instructions and procedures (constrained to assisting activities only)
- Interact, handle and move animals by following set instructions and procedures to ensure content, well-adjusted and cared for animals housed in the correct appointed facilities
- Observe the workplace rules at all times and report non-conformance to the relevant person as to ensure that all activities in the workplace are compliant with company rules, policies and procedures
- Prioritize and conduct assigned project/scheduled and/ or reactive based maintenance work to be performed.
- Assist in experiments as per the protocols
- Maintaining the paddocks as well as plant and look after the vegetables meant to feed rabbits.Record and handle raw data by following set instructions and procedures to ensure accurate and consistent information for departmental and study use
- Kenya certificate of secondary education
- At least 1 years’ relevant experience, or
- Experience in animal husbandry, animal welfare, biosecurity, bio-safety issues, and the 3Rs (Refine, Replace and Reduce) concept associated with animal health research.
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
- This position is at job level HG 7. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply:
- Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the ople and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab before 2 March 2020. The position title and reference number REF: FA/02/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.