Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Research Associate III Opportunity, Career Jobs,
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE III – IFPRI
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Associate III on behalf of International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). S/he will provide research assistance for a range of projects aiming to build resilience through sustainable and inclusive interventions in the seed system, including crop insurance, with an emphasis on intervention monitoring, impact evaluation, gender analysis and behavioural experiments.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR Research Centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. Established in 1975, IFPRI currently has more than 600 employees working in over 50 countries. It is a research center of CGIAR, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development. www.ifpri.org
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Interact with collaborators and project partners.
- Help develop and coordinate technical workshops
- Assist in preparation of discussion papers and donor reports
- Develop data documentation manuals or other learning materials, as needed
- Assist in handling household survey data (including survey design, sampling & questionnaire)
- Assist with field implementation of survey activities (training survey enumerators, etc.)
- Assist with development of research instruments and analytical tools
- Conduct data analysis, statistical analysis, econometric analysis
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesis
- Assist in preparing large datasets for public access
- Reply to internal/external data requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Agricultural and Applied Economics, Agribusiness, or a closely related field.
- Five years’ experience in relevant work.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating data field surveys in Kenya.
- Skilled in programming in STATA, R and SPSS, for cleaning, anonymizing and managing databases.
- Demonstrated experience in effective interaction and coordination with collaborators and project partners.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and analytical mind.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Familiarity with popular software packages & Internet based systems.
- Demonstrated ability to program surveys in ODK, CSPro and/or QGIS software.
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
The position is on a 1-fixed term contract.
This position is at job level HG 12 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical, education and other insurances.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 26 October 2020. The position title and reference number REF: RA/ IFPRI/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Click to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview