FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Clinical Officer Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Clinical Officer -COPCOV
Reference Number: CO-COPCOV-131020Employment Type: Temporary ContractCategory: Clinical ResearchJob Grade: 6.01Country: KenyaLocation: NairobiJOB PURPOSE:
To provide clinical care to study participants, supervise staff and carry out study related procedures to achieve the study objectives. The clinical officer will assist in the conduct of the Copcov trial.
Locations: This position will be based at the Mbagathi County Hospital in Nairobi
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Duration: 9 months, not renewable as the trial is expected to have been completed within this time frameDescription:
REPORTS TO: The study MO and the study PI or designee.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No budget responsibilities.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
This job involves working within a multi-disciplinary research team to ensure optimal clinical care to study participants. The post-holder will also conduct study related assessments and procedures while ensuring strict adherence to the study protocol. The post-holder will be expected to supervise staff, conduct study related procedures, provide necessary clinical care to participants and conduct quality control checks on study documentation/ clinical procedures.
It requires a clear understanding of the study protocol and the ability to interpret and apply standard operating procedures as well as develop standard operating procedures in accordance with the standard of practice or the study protocol when required. It involves supervision and guidance to other study staff on clinical matters, study procedures and requirements. It involves performing quality control checks on CRFs and source documents, answering data queries, and other activities to ensure day to day running of the health clinics in which the study staff will be based. It may involve overseeing the correct storage and use study medications.
The trial is being conducted at several sites in Kenya and the post holder may be required to travel to other sites for brief durations (transport will be provided by the study team)
- Provide clinical care to research participants (Health Care Workers)
- Maintain study documentation, adhering to Good Documentation Practice.
- Supervise study staff and conduct study activities according to the protocol and standard operating procedures, including reviewing clinical source documents, completing clinical assessment questionnaires, post-procedure monitoring and documentation and follow-up assessments of participants.
- Carry out specimen collection procedures in strict adherence to the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the consenting and recruitment of study participants.
- Assist in maintaining study participants’ documentation and performing clinical procedures under the guidance of the study MO when required to do so.
- Attend and participate in study related trainings and taking up the responsibility of ensuring that your training is up to date as per the training logs.
- Attend clinical skills training and updates when required to.
- Attend and participate in study related meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by to them by the study MO or Principal Investigator.
- The post holders may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key roles and responsibilities and as may be assigned by the study medical officer and/or the PI.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Registered with the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- Ability to lead, supervise and work within in a team
- Use of Windows, Microsoft Office software
- Previous experience in clinical research
- Previous experience in vaccine trials
- Recent clinical experience in pediatric care
- GCP training
- Demonstrable excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrable excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team, prioritize, set and meet objectives.
This position will be based at the Mbagathi County Hospital in Nairobi
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 20TH OCTOBER 2020
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview