Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position: Business Analyst
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies. The KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to address climate change challenges.
The Business Analyst is responsible for undertaking enterprise development services to clients. The main duties include; identifying clients, providing business advisory, organizing training, coaching clients and linking clients to financiers, markets and relevant resources.
- Provide business advisory and financial analysis support to clients in the context of supporting climate technology innovators;
- Analyze and evaluate requirements to ensure alignment to client’s strategy and the prevailing economic and technological advances through conducting client baseline/assessments;
- Nurture early stage enterprises through market feasibility studies, product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation support;
- Support portfolio clients through research support in their areas of operation knowledge sharing and ensure collection of data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Prepare financial models for enterprises to foster growth and scale up of enterprises;
- Support portfolio clients to develop bankable business plans / investment proposals/ Investment pitches;
- Analyze business needs for translation into technical requirements and in consultation with the manager Access to finance, propose “hand-holding” solutions to the presented business problems;
- Identify business training needs for clients and their eventual facilitating preparations;
- Assist in identifying suitable events to raise KCIC’S profile and generate client leads;
- Ensure that targets and work schedules are adhered to in order to achieve objectives, maintain appropriate documentation and prepare monthly activity and achievement reports.
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in business related courses.
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA and CFA is an added advantage.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business development services, impact or venture capital investing, or in providing technical business assistance ideally from working with startup, early stage entrepreneur or investor.
- Experience in the critical analysis of business, investment plans and financial statements;
- Experience working in the energy, water and agribusiness sectors is an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals.
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
How to apply:
- Please send your applications to email@example.com by close of business 8th November
- The subject of the email should read “Application for the position of Business Analyst”. Attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Failure to comply with the above specification will lead to an automatic disqualification of your application