Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Kenya Red Cross Society Internship, Policy and Advocacy Intern
Policy and Advocacy Intern (Paid)
- Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations. KRCS is looking for qualified people to fill the following positions:
|Position Title:||Policy and Advocacy Intern|
|Reporting to:||Policy and advocacy Assistant|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Policy and Advocacy Intern will support in policy development, providing analysis and advice to ensure greater impact and influence. The Policy and Advocacy Intern will undertake research, policy, and advocacy on areas which may include:
- Integrated Risk Management
- Cash Transfer programming
- Strengthening devolution
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake research and analysis, reviewing alternatives in relation to policy deliverables, to contribute to the policy process and to inform decision making
- Support the policy and advocacy department in the identification and prioritization of key issues in the humanitarian and policy strategies.
- Support in the update of a humanitarian policy blog and other relevant communication channels that seek to contribute to the regional humanitarian policy issues and priorities.
- Provide a range of project support services, including preparation of discussion papers, briefs and submissions, to contribute to the development and delivery of policy initiatives
- Support the preparation and review policy advice to ensure alignment with policy directions
- Undertake research and collate information for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to contribute to the achievement of policy outcomes..
- Any other duties as requested from time to time.
- Completed degree in Law
- Available for a period of not less than 6 months
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
Skills and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the development of public policy .
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, analyse financial and operational data and information, think analytically and critically
- Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 18th August 2020;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview