Career Development Training
For ALL Professionals
Free Event Register here
Assistant Manger Jobs, KRA Opening,
Assistant Manager – IT Governance
The Jobholder is responsible coordination of divisional activities in regards to IT Investments, Governance, Staff Management, Supplier Relationship Management and Board Reports Preparation
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Develops the unit’s Annual Work Plan and draft budget and coordinates their implementation;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for the unit and the division;
- Conducts performance management for staff in the unit;
- Liaises with ICT units, and business & support departments on behalf of the Manager ITG.
- Evaluates IT division staffing requirements on a regular basis or upon major changes to ensure that the function has sufficient resources to adequately and appropriately support enterprise goals and objectives.
- Reviews and forwards the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) and Annual Training Plan for the Division to Human Resource Department.
- Coordinates the performance contracting and appraisal exercise in the division and ensures that the process is completed within set timelines.
- Follow-up on contracts for procured services/goods for the Division.
- Coordinates Divisional cost reduction/optimization strategies
- Coordinates the preparation of the ICT Annual Procurement Plan.
- Reviews the draft ICT budget in consultation with Manager –ICT IT Governance, heads of ICT sections and Finance division prior to submission to Finance Department.
- Reviews financial reports on the conformance of budgets and the progress on the procurement of goods and services.
- Responsible for follow-ups on procurement of items.
- Liaises with the Manager – ITG to establish a prioritized business and IT resources, including use of external service providers within the high-level budget allocations for IT-enabled programmes, IT services and IT assets as established by the strategic and tactical plans.
- Prepares Divisional reports: Board reports/action points, management reports, monthly reports, quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinates the gathering of responses to various actions points from the ICT sections as required.
- Plans and facilitates the various divisional meetings including the ICT Team One meetings and Ad hoc divisional meetings as appropriate.
- Manages satisfaction requirements by ensuring that user complaints are captured, responded to and followed up to conclusion with various service providers.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems/Business IT/Social Science/Computer Science/Business Administration/Management Course
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Professional Certification or training in at least two of the following areas:
- ISO 9001 Foundation Training
- IT Governance i.e. COBIT and CGEIT
- IT Service Management i.e. ITIL Foundation
- Integrity Assurance
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- Supervisory Skills Training
- Project Management I.e. Prince 2; PMP
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Must have worked in a busy IT environment for at least four (4) years post-graduation.
- At least one (1) year experience as a Supervisor.
- Experience in managing operations in a busy environment, including experience in developing divisional performance cascading matrix, training, budgeting, coordinating ISO and Integrity activities.
- Experience in managing responses to Top Management Action Points
- Experience on successful management and supervision of ICT Teams including target setting, performance monitoring, appraisal, development and motivation.
- Demonstrate understanding in developing divisional performance management cascading matrix and monitoring divisional performance
- Practical experience in Training Management including Training needs assessment, developing and facilitating annual training plan and training impact assessment
- A firm understanding of budgeting and procurement process, including developing the Divisional Annual Budgets and Annual Procurement Plans
- Practical skills in raising and managing the purchase requests
- Skills in IT governance process including a firm understanding of the ITIL and COBIT 5 processes
- Good understanding of the QMS process and the ISO 9001:2015, 27001/2013
- Demonstrate understanding of the Integrity Assurance Process.
- Proven experience in coordinating staff activities.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Strategic thinker
- Result oriented
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview