Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Partner, Compensation & Benefits Opportunity,
Partner, Compensation & Benefits (Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda)
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a Partner, Compensation and Benefits ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, the Partner, Compensation and Benefits will provide subject matter expertise to support the build of a best in class compensation and benefits program. You will be responsible for supporting the researching and design of Canadian and African compensation and benefits policies and processes. You are passionate about creating, managing and implementing compensation and benefits programs.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels throughout the Foundation.
- Support the design, implantation and management of compensation and benefits program.
- Prepares relevant reports and updates as required by the Head of Total Rewards and Performance Management or the business.
- Support the education of management and staff on compensation and benefits matters.
- Provides maintenance and ongoing administration of the job grading system as required.
- Supports the implementation of the pay ranges and pay structure administrative guidelines.
- Responsible for gathering industry compensation and benefit comparisons.
- Responsible for processing/monitoring employee benefits costs.
- Build and manage relationships with compensation and benefits vendors.
- Responsible for conducting benefits reviews when required.
- Support the management of benefit enrollment and orientation sessions for new hires/assignees.
- Support the annual compensation review exercise.
- Make recommendations for off cycle compensation changes, promotions, one-off payments for approval.
- Support all HRIS compensation data entry and date integrity as required while completing customized reports as requested.
- Support communication and implementation of all compensation and benefits policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead the benchmarking of compensation and benefits elements and practices in Toronto as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is required.
- Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in compensation and benefits.
- Global Renumeration Practitioner (GRP) would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of renumeration practices in North America is required.
- Knowledge of renumeration practices in Canada would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of local legislation and regulations for compensation and benefits.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices in benefits and compensation.
- Demonstrated strong numerical and advanced analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is July 7, 2020.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview