Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Branch Manager Jobs, Bank Jobs,
Branch Manager – Malindi
Ensure that all customers receive a consistently high quality service by effectively managing and developing all available resources (staff, systems, processes) and ensuring that a strong customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the branch.
Ensure that cross-selling opportunities are actioned and customers are migrated to more appropriate and cost-effective channels.
Pro-actively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce exposure. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Ensure that customer service standards are set and maintained in line with the requirements of each market segment.
Ensure that customer complaints are monitored, trends and root causes identified and addressed at source to prevent recurrence.
Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
Ensure that opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost effective channels are identified and actioned.
Ensure efficient, customer-orientated switchboard and telephone procedures.
Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice.
Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
Ensure proper record keeping.
Ensure that laid-down instructions are adhered to by all areas under control.
Identify major risks affecting the support function and ensure the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks.
Ensure maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities. defined at each level and duties appropriately segregated.
Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness. Recommend revision of controls to Operations, where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
Maintain a culture within the branch that emphasises and demonstrates the importance of internal control to all staff.
Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
Ensure effective compliance with agreed limits of authority and levels of access to systems and information.
Develop micro market sales plans to achieve responsive sales budgets/targets for branch (MLM).
Gain a sound understanding of the different local market segments in the branch’s area of operation.
Keep up to date with changes and developments in the local market/area.
Manage the sales tracking system and provide coaching and feedback to the team.
Coach the sales team on product knowledge and making the most of cross-selling opportunities.
Assist subordinates in generating meaningful and value-added customer solutions, thereby achieving maximum business development.
Ensure effective use of lead generation system as lead management tool.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Relevant University degree
- Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience A seasoned banker with about 7 years branch banking experience.
- Experience in managing a diverse range of people and activities is essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Knowledge of the Retail Banking value proposition.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local target market profiles.
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services applicable to the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the socio-political and economic dynamics affecting the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles. Knowledge of business economics and financial management principles and practice. Knowledge of risk management and credit principles, including an understanding of the terms and conditions of sanction.
- Knowledge of branch accounting and transactional procedures, systems and processes.
- Knowledge of Human Resources management principles, including group dynamics.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview