Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Position: Credit Analyst – Commercial Banking – (1900027855)
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Kenya-Nairobi
Employee Status: Permanent
Unposting Date: 21/Nov/2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Interact with the clients, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RMs /product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM, in a) obtaining pre-clearances where applicable, segmentation, etc. b) preparing & presenting work-shopping note and c) expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Raptor, ESRAT, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation.
- Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the accounts.
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking Excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes.
- Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit files and ensuring Audit Ready at any time
- Attend EAR/Portfolio call/MTM calls along with the RM
- In partnership with the RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank’s policies and guidelines
Our Ideal Candidate
- A Degree in Business/Commerce/Economics is preferred however a degree in a science or other related field where analytical skills are gained is acceptable.
- ACCA/CPA qualifications are an added advantage