Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Banking Jobs, Jobs in Kenya
Employee Relations Specialist – Human Resources – (1900024098)
- Job: Human Resources
- Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Kenya-Nairobi
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Permanent
- Posting Date: 16/Jan/2020
- Unposting Date: 31/Jan/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Work with Head, ER Kenya & EA and HHR East Africa to agree on the grievance representative/s to review/ investigate and process the grievances.
- Plan for Grievance Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of complaint.
- Conduct the Grievance hearing or support the Grievance representative to conduct the Grievance hearing as the case may be.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent resolution/conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation and conclusion of Grievance.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings including any disciplinary actions recommended.
- Level of Involvement and support with the Investigations phase based on case nature and complexity.
- Conduct due fact finding and investigatory interviews including preparation of witness statements and investigation report.
- Make arrangements for the Disciplinary Hearing including identifying the panel issuing hearing invite/statement of disciplinary case and provision of evidence.
- Conduct of the Disciplinary hearing through supporting the hearing manager as required.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings and any relevant information, including any recommendations.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation of the hearing and conclusion of disciplinary hearing and/or appeal.
- Update HRBP and/or PRC team in case of a disciplinary action so that it could be highlighted for any potential P3 impact.
- Develop and manage the Bank’s relationships with employee representative bodies in order to support employee engagement, business performance and the Bank’s broader social responsibility priorities.
- Manage collective disputes, diffuse business disruptions and ensure that appropriate business contingency plans are in place.
- Undertake collective consultation as required (e.g. collective redundancies, outsourcing, M&A, etc).
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and SkillsEssential
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences preferably LLB from Recognized University
- ER specialist, with a minimum of 5-6 years of work experience.
- Proven track record and in-depth experience of ER investigations and case management.
- Strong understanding of the local legislative and regulatory landscape
- Effective networker and organizational influencer
- Commercially astute
- Strong collaboration
- Ability to clearly and accurately analyse, interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Good coaching, networking, influencing & negotiating skills.
- Ability to assess risk & identify pragmatic solutions in context of conflicting demands.
- Ability to develop & gain credibility within the organization in respect of ER expertise.
- Role model and champion the Bank’s values and behaviours
- Experience in an international professional services/ banking environment.
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with demanding and fast paced client groups.
- Experience of ER product & policy development.
- Involvement in collective ER issues e.g. collective communication & consultation in non-unionized environments, TU/Works Council stakeholder management, collective bargaining, etc
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.