FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Position: Finance Analyst
Applications closing date: 18th December 2019
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) – a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org) – develops technologies, innovative methods, and new knowledge that better enable farmers, especially smallholders, to make agriculture competitive and profitable as well as sustainable and resilient. CIAT conducts research for development in tropical regions of Latin America, Africa, and Asia (www.ciat.cgiar.org).
The Finance Analyst is part of the Financial Planning & Monitoring (FPM) team and has the responsibility of providing timely and efficient Finance support to CIAT FPM processes.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare with users budgets to be included in project proposals and verify the application of Full Cost Recovery (FCR) Policy.
- Generate projects’ annual budget distribution in accordance with research activities and scientists’ input.
- Arrange monthly follow-up meetings with project leaders to review and verify budget execution, personnel distribution, variance analysis and cost recovery.
- Review and update Personnel distribution templates in the Unit4 Business World (UBW)/Agresso system.
- Review the charging of personnel costs by the outsourced payroll vendor to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage CGIAR Research Programs (CRP) Financial information with the focal point established by the Center
- Alignment of projects to CRP’s
- Ensure budget execution and reporting to Lead Centre
- Distribute project budgets taking into consideration donor reporting requirements.
- Complete the Cost Center opening request form.
- Create the Agreement Expense Classification (AEC) codes, Basic Unit of Science (BUS) codes and register budgets in the system
- Check and approve budget availability for operational requisitions, country cash flow requests and project Partner advances
- Review of Partner agreements to ensure adherence to donor rules and CIAT policies.
- Review of Partner reports and recording of legalized expenses in the system.
- Timely preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with donor requirements and CIAT policies.
- Attend to audit processes
The candidate shall have the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Degree in a relevant subject with proven finance and accounting skills
- Attained CPA Part III qualification.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in a closely related field gained in an international organization.
- Prior experience with donor funded projects.
- Possess excellent analytical skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality
- High level of computer skills, ability to handle complex financial and accounting systems including knowledge of UBW/Agresso and ability to learn new applications quickly
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
- Good communication skills with a positive attitude and a strong service orientation
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Terms of employment:
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
This is a nationally recruited position and will be based at the CIAT Africa Regional Offices in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will be for a one-year period, subject to probation period of three (3) months, renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications, clearly indicating position applied for as FI-2550 Finance Analyst. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting. CIAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIAT also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview