How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
- Position: Consultant – Operational Data Analyst
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Deadline for applications: 19 January 2020
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP Technology Division (TEC, formerly known as IT) is the digital business engine of the World Food Programme, providing the business with multi-pronged and resilient technical capabilities able to respond with the agility required in humanitarian operations, be they manmade or in a natural disaster setting. TEC Division continues to increase its activities to meet the constantly growing demand from the organization and implement the initiatives related to digital transformation.
We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Operational Data Analyst based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Work with the HQ application development team to process, design and present data in ways to help relevant stakeholders make better decisions;
- Define requirements and objectives for locally developed data products, liaising closely with relevant stakeholders, including business functions, development and architecture teams;
- Working with the data architecture team and relevant business units to define and document business rules and logic that drive the design and development of data solutions;
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with relevant stakeholders;
- Providing applied technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Manage and design the analytical environment, including data sources, analytical models, security, and metadata;
- Store and integrate local data source with existing data within the WFP data lake;
- Generate visualization and analysis from single or multiple systems;
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and reports.
- Train end-users on delivered analytical tools and dashboards to ensure knowledge handover to relevant business teams;
- Liaise with the product management and service support teams to ensure service support levels are maintained;
- Use project management skills to ensure that relevant teams and individuals are consulted and involved in decision making at key points and that all decisions made are clearly documented and communicated;
- Report progress and issues to all relevant stakeholders;
Qualifications & Experience Required
- University Degree in Business Administrations, Data Management, Statistics, Marketing, Information Management another relevant discipline.
- 3 years or more of relevant progressive work experience in information management, information systems, web management, data management, GIS mapping, data visualization or project management.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven experience of working in a dynamic analytical environment and handling complex analysis using R, SPSS, Tableau, Horton Works and Cloudera.
- Substantive report writing skills.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Well developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments
- Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Highly-developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and adapt communication styles to different situations and individuals.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
Click Here to Apply