Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
World Vision Jobs, Project Coordinator Jobs
Project Coordinator – Health (Kilifi)
Please note that you will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted.
- Position: Project Coordinator – Health
- Reporting to: Area Programs Manager
- Grade Level: 13
- Work Location: Kilifi
- Deadline: 06-Apr-20
Purpose of Position
- Provide overall project coordination and technical leadership of Mother to Mother project and ensure successful implementation of the interventions aimed at improved maternal and child health in Bamba and Jaribuni wards. Provides technical assistance and leads implementation of the health component of the project.
- Provide overall coordination of the project to ensure timely implementation of activities.
- Work with County and Sub county health management teams to integrate Maternal Child, nutrition and livelihood interventions.
- Represent the project in county and sub county Maternal and Child Health technical working groups (TWGs).
- Coordinate local structures to ensure that community awareness meetings on Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health components are conducted.
- Work with local structures to foster positive knowledge, attitudes & practices by community members on up take of Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health services.
- Provide coordination to project staff to ensure project targets are achieved
- Manage community expectations in terms of the support that WV can provide, enhance accountability & transparency mechanisms.
- Facilitate communities to identify viable project Interventions and ensure community participation in project implementation.
- Ensure the project focuses on the right beneficiary as intended.
- Develop, a detailed plan that will support delivery of the project objectives throughout the project period appreciating the unique context.
- Utilize Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health, national and county M&E tools and follow on set targets and timelines of reporting and documentation.
- Monitor project interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations and other agreed standards.
- Ensure project data is captured, validated and updated on horizon and or any other approved World Vison Kenya (WVK) DM&E system.
- Liaise with National Office technical specialists for their contribution to the technical aspects of the project design.
- Provide technical oversight to Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health quarterly data reviews and reporting
- Provide budget oversight and ensure adherence to approved plans and budgets
- Timely preparation for Routine Data Quality Assessment (RDQA), ensuring quality reports are availed.
- Participate in the project/ program assessments, designs, Annual Operating Plans development and reviews
- Coordinate development and submission of timely and quality reports as per the requirements organization and donor requirements.
- Seek out and document lessons learnt and project success.
- Gather and provide quality feedback and data to be used to develop technical papers and recommendations on key issues for external engagement with decision makers.
- Together with MOH and other partners, conduct regular reflection and learning events.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- A degree in Nursing Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Public health and Environmental health.
- A minimum of 4 years working experience in Health and Nutrition projects at community level two of which should be direct Reproductive Maternal Child Health project implementation experience
- At least two (2) years of supervisory level (people management) experience.
- Experience working with the devolved system at county and sub county level and familiarity.
- Experience engaging with donors
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply