Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
World Vision Jobs, Security Officer Jobs
Security Officer based in Nanyuki
- Reports to: Regional Manager
- Work Location: Nanyuki
- Grade Level: 13
Security Operations 30%
- Security Risk Assessments for all ADPs in the region are developed.
- Security Risk Assessments for all ADPs in the Region are reviewed and are current as per risk ratings.
- Recommendations in the Security Risk Assessment are implemented.
- Regional management is properly advised and guided in the event of security incidences.
- Contingency plans for all offices in the Region to include but not limited to Programme suspension, staff hibernation, relocation and evacuation plans are properly developed.
- Office assessments are periodically conducted to ensure that safety and security equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
- Developed Regional Security Annual Operating Plans aligned to the National Office Security Strategy.
- Contracted security staff in all regional offices are professionally managed.
- An inventory of all security communications equipment including satellite phones, HF and VHF radios in the region well-kept and maintained.
- All communication equipment in the region are serviceable.
- Staff movement during working hours is tracked to ensure safe travels
- Security investigations are conducted when required.
Strategy & Planning, 25%
- Develop Regional Security Annual Operating Plans aligned to the National Office Security Strategy.
- Periodically review Security risk rating for the region and ADPs in accordance with Core Security Requirements.
- Develop security plan for the region and each ADP.
- Develop and review security standard operating procedures for all offices in the region.
- Update core security requirements in the region as per security risk ratings to determine compliance levels.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Capacity Building and Technical Training 15%
- Staff in the Region have undergone the security training as per the security risk rating.
- Security training in the region is well organized and coordinated in liaison with the National Security Officer.
- New staff in the Region are well briefed on the security situation of the area of operation within 24 hours of arrival.
Reporting and Documentation, 15%
- Regular security reports are shared with the Security Manager.
- All security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Security documents are revised and shared quarterly with the security Manager or in accordance with the security risk rating.
Networking and External Liaison/Engagement 10%
- WVK is well represented at local NGO security network meetings and information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Developed networks for sharing security information and coordination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology and Security Studies, Military Science, Security Management and Police Science, Security and Disaster Management, Forensic and Criminal Investigations or related fields.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).
- Military/Police/ any law Enforcement Training
- No previous criminal record or convictions.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
- Proof of resignation and clearance from security services.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
- Ability to communicate well in English & Swahili (verbal and written)
- Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum (2) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus field security experience.
- Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training programs.
How To Apply
- Click here to Apply