Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Tax Consultant Jobs, Audit Jobs,
Tax Consultant – M&A and International Tax
- Muthangari Cl, Nairobi, Kenya
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
Deloitte’s Tax professionals provide both compliance and advisory services across a broad range of matters affecting businesses. This approach ensures clients’ most demanding challenges when operating in multiple jurisdictions are holistically addressed in a coordinated way, by subject matter and industry specialists, locally and abroad. Deloitte deploys the right team at the right time to address the needs of its clients, wherever they operate.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Tax & Legal team as a Tax Consultant – M&A and International Tax. This position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
Main purpose of the job
The successful candidate will ensure that the client and Firm’s expectations are met by delivering high quality services and maintaining high utilisation levels.
What you will do
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services, and communicates findings and opportunities to clients;
- Work with and assist other senior members of the M&A and International Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with private companies, public corporations, partnerships and international/cross-border M&A advisory;
- Assist clients with various advisory mandates including reorganizations, pre-sale planning (buy side and sell side), tax structuring for financings, debt restructurings, recapitalization transactions, modelling, and general tax transaction support;
- Provide support in business development initiatives aimed at growing the M&A and international tax business;
- Provide support in preparation of proposals and engagement letters; and
- Develop, motivate, and train associates.
- A Bachelors Degree in Business/Commerce, Economics or Law.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- Ability to diagnose problems related to projects, develop solutions and communicate with clients.
- Ability to consider the long-term perspective and take a broad approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Dedication to professional and client service excellence.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Interpersonal and proven people management.
- Negotiation and commercial sense.
- Organisational, supervisory and time management.
- Good networking skills.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.