Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Public Health jobs, Anthropology jobs, Monitoring and Evaluation jobs,Health Administration jobs, International Health jobs,
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained project goals, objectives and targets.
- Ensure high-quality program implementation that is consistent with each country’s national health guidelines, protocols and standards.
- Ensure the initiatives for adolescent girls and young women, and the program layers are implemented in accordance with donor and global guidance and based on the landscape analysis and country action plans completed in Phase 1.
- Ensure implementation district(s) have focused and targeted implementation plans, with the appropriate staffing complement to meet district level targets.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and alliances with the Ministry of Health (HIV & AIDS Department), Allied Ministries (e.g. Ministry of Gender, Disability, Children and Social Welfare), CDC, as well as other USG implementing partners, private sector partners and other key stakeholders to maximize resources, coordinate activities and avoid duplication of effort.
- Represent Jhpiego’s interests and present progress, achievements and lessons learned to key stakeholders and implementing partners in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Work with finance and project staff to develop and track project budgets and provide oversight on core funding agreements.
- Facilitate the development of innovative project approaches and interventions.
- Advise national counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant technical working groups with counterparts and other implementing partners.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts in to ensure rapid and sustainable results.
- Ensure that local sub-partners, if applicable, perform according to their agreement and assist in enhancing their capacity to deliver with the project team. Responsible for representing the project and ensuring effective collaboration with the donor and Ministry of Health (MOH) to ensure alignment with their priorities.
- Provide updates on the progress made, direction, approaches and successes of the program to donor, MOH and partners and internally within Jhpiego.
- Foster a culture of use of data for decision making, and critical analysis of data to modify or scale up implementation approaches and modalities; ensure its application across all project interventions .
- Clinical background required (MD or nursing);
- Master’s degree in public health, health administration, international health or a related field.
- Proven track record of leading and managing medium (more than US$1 million per year) USG-supported public health programs and budgets in developing countries
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in HIV prevention, care and/or treatment programs in one of the implementing countries;
- Demonstrated ability to manage large USG-supported public health projects and budgets.
- Experience in designing and managing complex HIV/AIDS prevention programs, with 8+ years of professional, progressively more responsible management experience of international public health program phases (design, implementation, monitor, reporting and financial management).
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable programs in Eastern Africa
- Proven track record directing, motivating and managing a project team composed of technical experts and administrative staff.
- Ability to build capacity and collaboration between governmental and non-governmental partners and other project implementers.
- Understanding of the Global Fund’s regulations and compliance, reporting requirements, and health strategic framework.
- Experience in leading annual work plans, incorporating national Technical Working Groups directives, and collaborating on local action plans.
- Capacity for analyzing technical problems and issues that impede efforts to provide improved health care to populations; developing technical solutions to these problems/issues and assisting in the design of operational research that could yield appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in strategic program planning, implementation and management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity, delegating working teams and developing communities of learning among host-country partners and counterparts.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within internationally.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Proven track record of leading and managing AGYW/HIV projects preferred
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans. EEO is the Law
Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor
Action Planning and Implementation
- Apply adaptive learning and design strategies to address the knowledge-related aspects of global public health challenges and priorities.
- Partner with program managers and technical experts in the countries where Jhpiego operates to strengthen the rapid generation and application of learning for program improvement.
- Amplify lessons and challenges from locally developed and lead adaptive learn solutions to KM-related challenges.
- Co-design and implement the second wave of our knowledge management action plan.
Capacity Building and Strengthening
- Strengthen our technology- and non-technology-based learning systems to improve access to, use, and re-use of knowledge assets – expanding availability and access to Jhpiego’s learning experiences.
- Collaborate with program and technical teams to design virtual and in-person learning and knowledge exchange events at internal, national, regional, and global level.
- Provide strategic support to structured learning activities, pause and reflections, gathering, synthesizing, and documenting Jhpiego lessons and challenges to inform current and future programs.
Collaboration and Partnership
- Strengthen the performance of our internal communities of practice; improve their visibility across Jhpiego; coordinate strategic community-led activities; document and share lessons from across CoPs.
- Maximize collaboration between Jhpiego’s knowledge management community and teams working in monitoring and evaluation, data visualization, documentation, digital strategies, applied design, organizational learning, and information management.
- Build reciprocal rapport with all levels of staff, across grades, departments, project functions, and within the countries where Jhpiego works.
- Advanced degree in any of the following areas of study: public health, anthropology, organizational learning, monitoring and evaluation, social behavior change communication, knowledge management, or related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience designing and implementing knowledge management or learning strategies and actions.
- Experience providing strategic support to advance knowledge capture, curation, synthesis, dissemination, storage, and use for a global health or development project or organization.
- Familiarity with linking project-level and organizational-level KM.
- Comfortable with a team-based approach to work and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Strong decision-making skills that are data driven and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Ability to travel independently internationally, particularly to low-resource contexts.
- Oral and written fluency in French.
- Experience with web development, SharePoint, and/or using customer relationship management software.
- Experience using participatory digital tools.
- Experience using participatory learning and action techniques.
- Experience working with a wide range of donors and institutional partners.