FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Managerial Jobs, Senior Accountant Jobs,
Assistant Reinsurance Manager, General Business
Job Reference Number: HRJIC592 Closing Date: 21st September, 2020Role Purpose
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Assistant Reinsurance Manager, Jubilee General Insurance Limited (JGIL). The position holder will report to the Head of Reinsurance, JGIL and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The job holder will assist in the implementation of the company’s reinsurance programme, based on overall company’s objectives, underwriting and reinsurance philosophy. He/she will also manage the expectations of all reinsurance stakeholders
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- Assist in delivering effective reinsurance services to the business in line with the company reinsurance philosophy
- Ensure that all risks accepted are properly reinsured in line with the reissuance contracts in place and the company reinsurance strategy document.
- Assist in the design, negotiation and renewal of reinsurance treaties in line with the business needs and regulatory guidelines
- Regular review of the reinsurance premium register to ensure risks are ceded optimally and in line with the reinsurance arrangements in place.
- Ensure timely facultative placement of any risks beyond company’s capacity with approved securities
- Ensure timely issuance of reinsurance documentation such as facultative credit notes and any other closings, immediately after risk renewal/inception
- Ensure treaty parameters are correctly set up and are properly functioning
- Seek for competitive terms and special acceptance for treaty excluded risks from the reinsurers, either directly or through reinsurance brokers
- Support the servicing and growth of international and facultative inwards business.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements governing risks placements and timely reinsurance data submission to the IRA.
- Establish and maintain relationships with reinsurers and reinsurance brokers to cultivate goodwill for business
- Prepare reinsurance underwriting and claims statistics on a regular basis.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of reinsurance periodical returns in line with treaty terms and conditions
- Ensure timely settlement of reinsurance premiums, both treaty and facultative
- Maintain a good record of treaty contracts and facultative placement slips
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Good analytical skills
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good understanding of General Insurance products
- Knowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance Slips preparation
- Accounting background will be an added advantage
- Bachelor of Commerce (Insurance Option) or Business degree
- ACII or AIIK insurance qualification
Senior Accountant,General Business
Job Reference Number: HRJIC593 Closing Date: 21st September, 2020Role Purpose
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Senior Accountant, Jubilee General Insurance Limited (JGIL). The position holder will report to the Chief Financial Officer, JGIL and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
To provide management of the finance team, manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting. The role holder will also advise on long-term business and financial planning.
Financial Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the execution of the finance agenda for the company in areas of financial reporting, tax and regulatory reporting.
- Oversee the timely completion of period end closure processes with accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Also, preparation of a detailed analysis and explanations of variances.
- Ensuring data integrity of the financial application and ensuring the transactions agree with the core operating systems. Validation of balance sheet accounts and ensuring they are analyzed and can be supported.
- Develop and lead a high performing and results oriented finance team that completes tasks on time and to the highest quality. Develop an effective annual training plan for the finance team.
- Provide financial stewardship and ensure integrity of fiscal data, accounting practice, financial analysis, investments and funding.
- Ensure systems and processes are functioning as required, have adequate and effective internal controls implemented, work effectively, minimize and detect fraudulent activity in all lines of business.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and financial requirements.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant financial information and data to support the CEO and department heads in decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of Board papers and provide relevant advice to the Business on financial and compliance matters.
- Lead and manage the preparation of annual budgets and 5-year projections.
- Liaise with auditors, actuary and tax advisors and manage timely audit of final accounts.
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices in all the above-highlighted areas. Leadership & People
- Assist in developing and coordinating an appropriate training plan for all employees in the Finance department
- Carry out any other duties as may be required from time to time for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Team leadership
- Financial Planning & strategy
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Industry awareness
- Passion for Customer Service excellence
- Promote process improvement
- Ownership & Commitment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Developing budgets
- Dealing with complexity
- Performance reporting and financial management.
- Strong technical Skills
- People management skills
- Strong understanding of application of reinsurance
- New ideas generation
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from a reputable university
- CPA (K) or its equivalent
- MBA or Masters’ degree will be added advantage
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview