Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Servicing Jobs, Customer Service Jobs, Financial Management Jobs,
Job Ref. No. JLIL091
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Servicing Officer within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The
position holder will report to the Assistant Manager – Servicing & Client Relations and will be based at Head office
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
The role holder will be responsible for servicing of Corporate Life clients with the main aim of retention of existing business and growth of new business.
- Providing excellent service to customers within the Group Life Business and building relationships with new existing clients
- Supporting Group Life Scheme renewals as well as premium collection and allocation
- Preparation and follow up of relevant annual Renewal costing schedules, ensuring at least all schemes are retained as per the set plan/limit.
- Compiling data on Group Life management key figures
- Ensuring maintenance of accurate records pertaining to the business
- Quotations processing & follow up and Policy document preparation
- Responsible for new business onboarding.
- Implementing projects relating to Group Life business aimed at improving efficiency and accuracy
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by supervisor or management from time to time
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Insurance, Actuarial Science, or any other related field.
- Progress in ACII/IIK
Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Job Ref. No. JLIL089
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Money Laundering Reporting Officer. The position holder will report to the Regional Compliance Manager and will be based at Head office in Nairobi.
The role holder is a controlled function and an extremely important position carrying significant responsibility within the group. It plays a key role in protecting the integrity of the organizations.
- Receiving and evaluating Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR’s) against internal business information and external sources and make an independent determination whether there are enough grounds for suspicion to warrant reporting the transaction to the Financial Reporting Centre (FRC).
- Maintaining, as proof of compliance, all the evaluation documents/information used in the STR determination process and other investigations.
- Maintaining a register of all STR’s reported to the authorities and those not reported.
- Acting as the main point of contact with government authorities. Ensure businesses meet all regulatory requirements and recommendations for AML/CTF compliance. Co-operate with any lawful information requests made by government agencies during their investigations.
- AML/CTF risk identification and management. Working with the business to identify high-risk operations (Products, Services, Customers, Geographical Locations, Distribution). Review the ML/TF risk profiling developed by the business, the adequacy and efficacy of implementation and controls instituted. Providing Senior Management and Board regular updates on the same.
- Establishing written and board approved AML/CTF policies.
- Working in conjunction with the business and compliance team to review internal processes/procedures regarding the AML/CFT, customer acceptance policies, to control ML/TF risks control measures to ensure alignment with the relevant applicable AML/CTF regulations and laws and provide assurance to the Senior Management and Board.
- In conjunction with the compliance team ensure that the business is continuously monitoring transactions, the customer risks, monitor and verify the internal effectiveness of the AML/CTF framework (policies, procedures, controls etc.) and all related activities.
- Provide advice to all relevant departments/ divisions in performance of their duties in accordance with the AML/CFT policy and regulations e.g., account opening, PEP status, and irregularity transactions including reporting the transactions as prescribed in regulations.
- Ensure all management personnel and staff are fully knowledgeable of the risks involved and about their responsibilities with regards to AML-CFT.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a robust, continuous AML/CTF training program for all staff and intermediaries including the AML policy, CDD, EDD, recognition of suspicious transactions and internal reporting process.
- Maintaining relevant training registers.
- Support and advise business on how to establish internal procedures including clear accountabilities, roles and responsibilities to manage ML/TF risk; reporting of suspicious activity to the authorities; establish a risk-based approach to the AML/CTF Risks identified at onboarding, KYC data, document collection and verification for clients, beneficiaries and ultimate beneficial owners, and ongoing monitoring of customer activities;
- Assist Management with AML/CTF related inquiries from employees, business managers, internal and external auditors by providing information and guidance in a timely manner.
- Assist in reviewing escalated hits on the OFAC/UN Sanctions and other lists.
- Conduct annual reviews on AML/CTF compliance levels, efficiency, and effectiveness of the AML/CTF controls and monitoring programmes and follow up closure of gaps identified. Communication of key developments and changes to the Senior Management and Board.
- Remaining fully up to date with AML/CTF legislation/guidance in the relevant jurisdictions and ensuring timely updates to implement changes in legislation/regulation, including being aware of countries that do not have adequate AML/CTF frameworks in place.
- Work with the HR function to ensure that all new staff are screened and employees that are in key positions and/or whose roles expose them more to AML/CTF risks.
- Handle other duties as assigned to assist with the effective administration of the AML/CTF and KYC Policies.
- 1. Visionary Leadership
- 2. Entrepreneur Spirit
- 3. Market Awareness
- 4. Customer Focus
- 5. Continuous Innovation
- 6. Ownership & Commitment
- 7. Team Spirit
- 8. Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or any other related field.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Certified AML Specialist
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Risk and Compliance/Regulatory Affairs environment
Job Ref. No. JLIL090
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Actuarial Supervisor within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited.
The position holder will report to the Regional Manager-Actuarial and will be based at Head office in Nairobi.
The role holder provides actuarial modelling and reporting in product development & profit-testing, IFRS17, solvency,
risk capital, management and financial reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Actuarial reporting for financial & regulatory compliance: Including actuarial reserving, IFRS17 modelling, Financial Condition Report, Solvency, Risk Based Capital reports
- Product Development: –
- Pricing, profit-testing, system set-up
- Development of policy documents for new products
- Developing illustrations for new products
- Ongoing profitability monitoring of the product
- Scenario & sensitivity testing
- Actuarial experience analyses including mortality investigations; persistency; expenses; investment returns; analysis of reserves & surplus
- Value of new business, embedded value & Asset Liability Management valuations
- Projections and Budgeting: Projected actuarial reporting for financial statements & strategic planning
- Actuarial risk technical modelling and use of internal models
- Gives leadership and technical direction to staff under supervision in performing actuarial functional work
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Accountability for results
- Team management
- Actuarial judgement skills
- Analytical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other related field.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional Actuarial Papers (Minimum of 7 exams)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience, 1 in a supervisory role.
- IFRS17 implementation experience/ technical aptitude
Method of Application
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 5th September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.