Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Healthcare jobs, Pharmaceutical jobs,
Overall Purpose: Job holder is responsible for patient health by completing the Nutrition process. The candidate should be able to counsel patients on nutrition issues and health eating habits.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Evaluating and assessing nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans and screens patients for nutritional risk in accordance with established department protocols and standards.
- Developing and implementing dietary care plans and providing nutritional counseling.
- Consulting with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restriction of patients
- Planning and initiating medical nutrition therapy to patients if indicated by patient requirements and clinical protocol.
- Communicating individual nutritional care plans to other health care providers as a member of a healthcare team.
- Calculating and writing enteral and parenteral feeds for patients according to patient’s nutritional requirements.
- Advising patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Monitoring food service to ensure conformance to prescribed diets and patient’s nutritional needs.
- Coordinating recipe development and standardization and developing new menus for different vulnerable groups in the hospital.
- Counseling PMTCT mothers on proper feeding practices and carried out demonstrations.
- Offer counseling and suggest positive alterations in nutrition to address clients’ dietary restrictions.
- Higher Diploma in Food, Nutrition & Dietetics
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in clinical nutrition.
- Must have a license from Kenya nutrition and dietetics (KNDI
- Experience in Preparation of therapeutic diets and dietary counseling.
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems
- At least two year’s professional experience nutrition Program monitoring and evaluation in county.
- HIV/ART specialized nutrition care.
- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews and engage in clinical and operational research.
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators.
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- To prepare articles on important medication related updates for publication in the hospital newsletter and patient education leaflets.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff
- Master’s in clinical pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board with a valid annual practicing license.
- Experience of 1 – 2 years after postgraduate in clinical pharmacy.
- Mature, well organized, reliable and shows initiative.
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player with a problem-solving mind-set.
Send your detailed CV to us on email to: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 30th September 2021.
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.