Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Managerial Jobs, Project Management,
Senior Underwriting Manager – General Business
Our client, a financial services group in Kenya, is looking for Senior Underwriting Manager – General Business to oversee and coordinate the underwriting function of the general business by implementing best practices of risk assessment, risk acceptance and service thereby achieving ultimate shareholder value.
- Develop and monitor annual production (renewal) targets in the department while taking overall responsibility for achievement of set targets and budgets for the Department.
- Liaise with business partners such as direct clients, agent and brokers on various service issues including provision of competitive quotations on new business, renewals and payments of premiums.
- Provide oversight on credit control in the department while taking overall responsibility for credit levels in the business and correct system data and related outputs.
- Negotiate and ensure purchases of appropriate / adequate reinsurance coverage in line with NEP and profitability targets.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Planning and implementation of processes
- Develop, implement and monitor short- and long-term objectives, policies and standard operating procedures for the department in accordance with industry standards to ensure the department remains competitive and relevant in the industry.
- Establish and promote healthy business processes that ensure efficient and effective client delivery within set expectations and agreed performance standards in the department.
- Vet all risks to ensure that only quality business is accepted into the company at acceptable rates.
- Ensuring that risks undertaken by the company are adequately covered through reinsurance programmes.
- Co-ordinate and supervise approval of policies, endorsements, certificates and all underwriting matters while ensuring high levels of accuracy and quality of documentation.
- Collaborate with relevant departments on business trends, rates, competition, product review and customer care needs and satisfaction so as to sustain a competitive edge in the market.
- Assist in premium collection and participate in driving credit control
- Steer the operations area of the department towards efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute and ensure compliance to governance, relevant legislation and risk mitigation strategies.
- Offer professional insurance and technical support to clients, management and other staff members in all areas including risk management and reinsurance business acceptance and placements.
- Design, implement and drive customer service standards that enable efficient and effective client management, administration and maintenance.
- Ensure effective relationships and SLA management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide authoritative specialist expertise, judgment and advice to external and internal clients.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Develop, implement and manage a team with the requisite skills required to deliver on the strategy for the short-, medium- and long-term.
- Identify, define, communicate and obtain buy-in for performance expectations through the implementation of an aligned Balanced Scorecard
- Assess the training needs of the department, carry out staff performance appraisals.
- Conduct continuous training, guidance, coaching and mentoring for the team.
- Take ownership for own learning and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance
- Full ACII qualification is a must
- 10 years’ experience 3 of which should be at management level in a busy high performing general business insurance operation.
- Prior Insurance Regulatory Authority Kenya (IRA) clearance
- Specialist in general business underwriting and or claims management
- In depth understand of local Insurance laws, practices and regulatory requirements in Kenya
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- Strategic planning, budgeting and management experience
Our client, a financial services group in Kenya, is looking for a Project Manager (6 Months Contract). Reporting to the Country CEO, the Project Manager will manage the overall delivery of the assigned projects, from initiation to close-out, to meet the stated business objectives and benefits, in compliance with all relevant legislative, risk, and audit requirements.
- Co-ordinate a portfolio of complex projects across the group including shared services and external suppliers
- Define specific project milestones at a granular level of detail
- Ensure that all required deliveries and timelines are well understood by all parties
- Follow up with individuals providing solutions and ensure deadlines and suitable quality of solutions are delivered
- Report on progress to the Project Steering Committee at a suitable level of detail ensuring that areas of risk and required intervention are highlighted
- Work closely with the Project owner and project sponsor to ensure deliveries are clearly understood, risks raised timeously, projects delivered within budget, and any issues raised and resolved timeously
- Bachelors’ Degree in Project Management or related field
- Over 10 years working experience managing projects in a financial services environment
- The ideal candidate MUST have experience working on IFRS projects from an end-to-end perspective.
- Project Management experience across finance-related projects within Insurance
- Ability to deliver the project on time and ensure the highest of standards are met
- PMP certification
- Experience in Change management
- Ability to work in complexity including technical detail
- Punctual with attention to detail and delivery oriented