Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
ICT jobs, Internships jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs,
Territory Account Executive – SME
e are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Enterprise Channels Department within Enterprise Business Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Enterprise Channels (Regions), the position holder will be responsible for direct acquisition, revenue generation, development and management of relationships and service experience of the SME Customers to ensure growth, profitability and retention in the region.
- Meeting overall revenue and acquisition targets;
- Winning new businesses by identifying, developing and closing opportunities cantered on offering Enterprise solutions;
- Developing relationship with the customers within allocated territories and drive education and awareness of Enterprise solutions;
- Supporting the enterprise dealers & agency sales team, Regional & Territorial Management teams within the SME and retail channel.
- Achieve set revenue targets for the territory through selling all Enterprise solutions;
- Ensure enough sales pipelines to achieve the revenue targets;
- Development of plans to achieve set billed revenue targets for the dealers and sales agents in the territory;
- Proper management of dealer and partner sales trackers;
- Implement agreed plans for dealers managed;
- Propose new areas of development and growth for dealers managed.
- Identification and profiling of all the businesses in the territory. Maintaining an up to date database of all businesses and profile.
- Development and implementation of a route plan which covers the territory.
- Identification of the market opportunism and submit reports on how they can be addressed.
- Proactively attend to dealer and customer related issues and get an excellent customer rating.
- Build long lasting business relations/partnership with customers and assigned dealers.
- Maintain 100% accuracy on reporting on market intelligence and customers feedback
- Timely submission of territory report, Dealer/partner sales tracker.
- Up to date profile of accounts within the territory and up to date competitor intelligence
- Degree/ Diploma in Commerce/ ICT or a business related;
- Work experience of 2 years in field sales, preferably managing in a B2G or B2B environment;
- Knowledge/ Work experience in ICT will be an added advantage;
- Ability to generate revenue
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- A proactive team player
- Knowledge of Safaricom products and services
- Willingness to work anywhere in the country
Safaricom Technology Academy Internship
At Safaricom PLC, we take pride in continually investing in talent to ensure that we have the best pool of resources in the market and that our interns are equipped with key learning opportunities to expose and develop their skills for the future.
We are pleased to announce internship opportunities for the year 2022 for the below skills sets;
- Database Administration
- UI Design
- Solutions Architecture
- Cyber Security
- Network Infrastructure
- Data Science
Our internship program runs for six months full time i.e. From February to July and August to January. Call for applications will only happen once in the year allowing you to indicate your full-time availability. This internship will seek to expose you to the various teams within your assigned projects.
As an intern,
- You will be exposed to ‘On Job Training’ and mentorship from our experienced leaders throughout the program.
- You will work closely with different departments across organization to nurture the given skills.
- You’ll tackle business challenges that make a real impact.
- You’ll work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- You will gain industry experience by working with domain and technology experts.
- You will get knowledge about different Safaricom products and services.
- You will gain understanding of Agile practices and methodologies.
In keeping up with our current learning needs, we are looking for candidates who meet the criteria indicated below:
- You must either be in your final year of study or graduated within the last two years.
- You must be available on full time basis for the 6 months internship period.
- Must have knowledge in at least one of these skillsets. i.e. UI Design, Database Administration, Solutions Architecture, Cyber Security, Network Infrastructure and Data Science.
- Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment.
- Ability to follow instructions, as well as to challenge the status quo.
- As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- A recommendation letter /Completion letter/ graduation certificate from your University.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
Please note you will be taken through a competitive recruitment process for the skillset selected against other applicants.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on our recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to fill out your candidate profile and attach all relevant documents
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Engineer – VAS Operations
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Engineer – VAS Operations Engineer within Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to, the role holder is will support, develop and integrate VAS Systems, Products and Services offered to Safaricom customers with the goal of delivering high quality and high service availability thresholds (99.999%). The Engineer shall ensure VAS systems operate within allowed thresholds in terms of systems availability, capacity and security conformance. VAS Systems comprise of all Value-Added Services which include, but not limited to, SMSC, USSD, Content delivery platform, Voice (RBT, IVR & Media exchange), Video, Device management, Web Portal solutions and Machine Learning Platforms
Roles and Responsibilities
- VAS Systems and Services’ diagnosis and resolution of issues to ensure MTTR and other service availability KPIs are met.
- Device and implement Proactive ways and tools for monitoring VAS Services using Artificial Intelligence operations model(AIOPs) and Machine Learning.
- Development, configuration and integration of all VAS solutions/systems in line with the Digital IT strategy execution plan.
- Technical reviews to implements solutions and work arounds for faults/incidents.
- Properly escalate and document unresolved service or system issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed within SLA.
- Embrace the new ways of working in VAS domain with the goal of ensuring 50% of VAS projects are delivered through agile methodology.
- Timely delivery of projects assigned with the goal of ensuring high quality standards are met and solutions are operationally viable. Responsible for ensuring First Time Right delivery of all solutions developed.
- Enhance processes and DevOps to improve delivery and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement.
- Develop and continuously update a knowledge base of best practice for VAS products and Service development.
- Collaborate with both Technical and Business teams to ensure seamless deployment of products.
- Proactively manage capacity and ensure VAS systems operate below 70% utilization
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks
- Proper documentation of VAS Systems and Services to enhance Visibility, End to End Monitoring and Empowerment of First- and Second-Line Teams.
- BSc. Degree in Telecommunication Engineering/Electrical & Electronics engineering/Computer Science/IT.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy telecommunication/ IT environment or Software Engineering with good knowledge in development for VAS solutions including Messaging, Voice, Video & IOT.
- Software Engineering methodologies including Agile-oriented development.
- Proficiency in networking protocols – TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing.
- Working knowledge in Unix systems and Databases – Oracle, MySQL.
- Working knowledge of security encryption solutions – SSL, firewalls, VPN, IPsec
- Strong experience in programming/scripting language(s) – Python, Perl , Shell or equivalent.
Senior Manager – M-PESA Performance, Strategy & Analytics
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Senior Manager – M-PESA Performance, Strategy & Analytics within New Business Ventures within Financial Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Head of Department – M-PESA New Business Ventures, the role holder will develop and manage the M-PESA Strategy and other Financial Services Product strategies to ensure growth and development of revenue and value added services in the business. Provide support for strategic governance processes – a champion to the strategy team. The incumbent will also develop and maintain meaningful business reporting to ensure the achievement of annual performance targets through end-to-end performance management.
- Develop the Division’s agenda by planning divisional strategic forums and tracking the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Deliver a consolidated strategy document for the unit after team deliberations
- Promote the development of strategic objectives and associated performance metrics
- Regularly share a deck of key insights from the key performance indicators tracked per product and segment
- Develop the supporting narrative for interpreting the meaning and significance of the performance information.
- Identify internal and external factors that impact on performance and help inform any judgments and understanding of performance.
- Execute deep analysis of the macro environment within the payments and financial services industry to identify trends, opportunities and threats.
- Execute analysis of emerging technologies and business model innovation.
- Define and analyze new mobile payment/e-commerce focused product opportunities and research the most promising industry segments.
- Conduct market research and provide insights to enable a broad understanding of the payments ecosystem that will enable the refinement of existing products, development of new products and curb competition.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis on data, markets, consumer behavior and trends in the industry
- Establish and maintain competitor knowledge base to support consumer and business strategies through Market Intelligence.
- Steward the development and implementation of insights, research processes and procedures for the business.
- Evaluate market size, competitor accomplishments and make recommendations to assist the business to achieve the set goals
- Relevant undergraduate degree. A Master’s degree is beneficial.
- At least 5 to 7 years working experience in the Financial Services Sector, Mobile money and Telco sector with expert knowledge of payments business models, mobile money business models.
- Work experience in strategy development and execution a must.
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to manage and champion strategy positions up to Executive levels.
- Critical competencies for success
- Demonstrated record of strategies developed and executed.
- Demonstrated record of successful strategic initiatives implemented.