Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Amref Jobs, Lecturing Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Directorate of Research, Innovation, Consultancy and Extension
Job Objective To support the research directorate by coordinating research activities in the University while working directly with the director of research. Responsibilities and Activities Specifically, the research officer will provide secretariat and technical support as well as coordination of the research activities to ensure that directorate is responsive to the research requirements of the University.
Tasks and Responsibilities
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
1. Collaborate with Amref health Africa in scouting and for research calls
2. Coordinate the writing of research proposal in collaboration with faculty
3. Develop and maintain a research database
4. Support the process of grant writing within the University
5. Maintain accurate files and records, both computerised and manual for the directorate
6. Coordinate training for capacity building activities in the directorate
7. Draft research surveys, questionnaires, research manuscripts and presentations
8. In collaboration with graduate school, support graduate student capacity building
9. Support documentation and submission of proposal/grants
10. Coordinate the implementation of field research activities
11. Develop budget for research activities
12. Undertake any other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the director Educational Qualification for Research Officer Candidates with the following educational qualifications from recognised universities are eligible to apply for the Research Officer position.
1. Master degree in public health with a bias to biostatistics, or epidemiology, statistics
2. Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, biostatistics/statistics, public health, mathematics, statistics or equivalent
3. Experience in research work or research from a similar organisation Experience 3 years working in a busy research setting
1. Excellent communication skills, including written and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
2. Proficiency in data analysis using at least two of these software’s; SPSS, R, Stata and EPI Info and including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel) skills.
3. Budgeting skills
4. Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure and work in a multi cultural team environment. 2 5. Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
6. Ability to work independently Attributes
Strong interpersonal skills
Team work skills
Excellent communications skills
Training administration skills
How to apply
Please visit our Careers Page https://amref.ac.ke/careers/ to view the full job description. Your email application should be sent to email@example.com and have “Research Officer – RICE” in the subject line. Only attach a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Deadline for submission: 18th Novemberr 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Main purpose of the job To support academic growth of the department through quality teaching, supervision and administrative support to the department
SPECIFIC ROLES AND ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES A:
1. Advance AMIU and department vision and mission
2. Participating in department meetings and school meetings
3. Build and maintain strategic partnership B: Programme Development and Management
1. Development and review of various curricula to grow the department
2. Administer the department academic programmes
3. Quality assurance in academic programmes implementation
4. overseeing student academic achievement
5. Uphold standard of professional integrity and ethics
6. Teaching academic programmes
C: Resource Mobilization and Management
1. Overseeing student enrolment
2. Focus department resource requirements
D: Research and Publications
1. Supervise student research to completion
2. Publish in peer review journals
3. Disseminate research in conferences and other relevant forums
4. Respond to research funding projects
E: Other Responsibilities
1. Maintaining department facilities and equipment
2. Participating in outreach activities
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
i. Must have earned PhD in Public/ Community Health, Environmental Health, public health nutrition or related area
ii. At least 5 years’ experience in teaching in a university
iii. Research experience with publications in peer journals
iv. Knowledge and skills of eLearning methodologies
How to apply
Please visit our Careers Page https://amref.ac.ke/careers/ to view the full job description. Your email application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and have “Lecturer – Department of community Health” in the subject line. Only attach a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY PhD HOLDERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Deadline for submission: 18th Novemberr 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Lecturer – Health Systems Management and Development (HSMD)
Job Purpose To develop, manage and monitor implementation of Health Systems management programmes and related activities in the university. These include, but are not limited to teaching and training, curriculum development and review; research, innovation and fund-raising activities; publication and dissemination of knowledge; supervision of students, and assisting to the adherence of or quality assurance and accreditation requirements by relevant regulatory bodies. The holder of this post will report to the Head of Department in the execution of his/ her duties, and will contribute toward meeting the key performance indicators and targets of the department, and the overall mission and vision of the university.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Teaching and training in the area of Health Systems Develop.
2. Curricula development and Review
3. Conduct Research and Innovation activities
4. Engage in fund-raising activities in the Department
5. Student supervision and mentoring 6. Mentoring of junior staff
7. Publications and other forms of dissemination of knowledge
8. Engage in professional development activities
9. Engage in any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department, on behalf of the Vice Chancellor, from time to time.
1. PhD in Health Systems Management or related field.
2. At least three years teaching at University level.
3. Evidence of participation in research activities.
4. Evidence of fund-raising capability.
5. Evidence of peer reviewed publications.
6. Familiarity with quality assurance and accreditation requirements by relevant regulatory organizations. 2
7. Holding a first degree in Health System Management or in related field, will be an added advantage.
8. Registration with a relevant professional organization will be an added advantage.
9. Evidence of supervision of students at masters level.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
11. Ability to work in a team
12. Demonstrate high level of integrity.
How to apply
Please visit our Careers Page https://amref.ac.ke/careers/ to view the full job description. Your email application should be sent to email@example.com and have “Lecturer – HSM” in the subject line. Only attach a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Deadline for submission: 17th November 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.