Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
BHC Jobs, Furnishing Jobs, Estates Officer,
Furnishings Assistant S3 (34/21 NR)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.Job Category Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)Job Subcategory Corporate Services SupportJob Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
The Furnishings Assistant will be responsible for the safe delivery, collection and moving of furniture and accessories within the office and the large residential Estate. The individual will support the Furnishings Team Driver when work demands require extra support in the movement of goods around the estate via van and canter. They will be responsible for the cleaning of properties before a new tenant moves in and general upkeep and cleaning of the furnishings stores.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Delivering of furniture and stationary around the British High Commission office, including setting up of meeting rooms as per Kenquiry (internal request system) details.
- Periodic driving of furniture canter and/or minibus with goods to BHC properties around Nairobi; taking care to ensure no damage is caused to the goods in transit.
- Delivering, moving, arranging and cleaning of furniture for official residential properties. Ensuring that care is taken while moving furniture and white goods. At all times recording/bar coding items as and when they leave/return. Including recording delivery/removal notes at all times.
- Deep cleaning and furnishing properties as per Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office guidance taking care of all H&S procedures.
- Preparation, delivery and collection of domestic float for both office and residences.
- Routine maintenance of the furnishings stores and surrounding areas ensuring they are orderly, clean and free from hazards.
- Working as part of a team in preparing properties for occupation.
- Reporting back to the furnishings supervisor any issues or items damaged missing from properties.
- Assisting other teams in the Mission with any heavy lifting, moves on an as need basis
- Deputising for the Furnishings Team Leader on a rotational basis with other Furnishing Assistants during periods of absence.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
· KCSE Certificate
· Valid BCE Driving Licence with 3 years’ experience driving a canter
· Good team player skills
· Attention to detail and initiative, as well as good customer service skills
· Proficient written and spoken English
· Heavy lifting capability (up to 45Kg)Desirable qualifications, skills and experience · Prior experience working in a warehouse or store roomRequired competencies Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at PaceApplication deadline 8 December 2021
- Due to COVID 19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimize any disruption.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kenya.
- It is essential that the applicants already have the right to live and work in Kenya without the need to apply for a work permit
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
Estates Officer A2 (35/21 NR)
Main purpose of job:
The Estates Officer will provide administrative support to the full Estates team to ensure compliance is upheld on Estates work. The Officer will be responsible for requisitioning on behalf of the Estates team as part of the purchase to pay process. The Officer will also be responsible for the updating and maintain of the property database, Pyramid, for the Estates team. They will liaise with the UK Pyramid manager to uphold our compliance on property record keeping.
The Estates Officer will be responsible for making small purchases for the Estates Team where the government procurement card should be used. They will ensure all purchases using the card are in compliance with Financial policy.
The Officer will also be responsible for auditing and ensuring compliance with the Estates service delivery standards. They will work with the internal helpdesk team in updating clients on outstanding requests ensuring the Estates team is compliant with the SLAs and corporate charter.
The Estates Officer will contract manage smaller value contracts such as Dry-cleaning Services, Exercise Equipment Maintenance. As well as deputising contract management for Fumigation and Waste Collection Services. They will lead the estates team in the programme delivery of waste management; generator fuelling and fumigation services ensuring services are well planned and communicated to the clients.
The Estates Officer will also line manager one S1 Furnishings Team Driver.
Roles and responsibilities:
30% – Financial Compliance
- Requisitioning for goods and services; Receiving and payment when Deputy Estates Manager is on leave and during periods of peak volume
- Update the Estates Budget Holder on all purchases and changes in volumes, delivery dates to ensure financial compliance on forecasting
- Ensure compliance with procurement best practice using the government procurement card on small purchases. Responsible for reconciling and correct charging instructions within policy.
- Support the Estates Manager in preparation for the Medium Term Financial Planning exercise using prior year actual spends to profile future requirements.
- Ensure timely reconciliations and payment of goods and services through preparation of requisitions, uploaders or distribution sets for the Global Transaction Processing Centre in Manila. Distribution sets and payment uploaders to be reviewed monthly to reflect any changes in charging instructions.
- Arrange for monthly meter reading for utility companies of all BHC properties
30% – Property Compliance
- Maintain property files with up to date lease agreements and inventory records. Collaborate with the Furnishings Supervisor to ensure inventory records are updated and readily available.
- Update Pyramid (internal property management software) with any changes in inventory records, property compliance records, and utility usage.
- Ensure property compliance is upheld through timely returns to headquarters in London from Pyramid.
25% – Line Management
- Line Management of two S3 Furnishings Assistants.
- Ensure they have regular one-to-one meetings, have SMART objectives, strong Learning & Development plans
- Support their work and career development within the High Commission
10% – Service Delivery Compliance
- Monitor Estates Compliance on the internal Customer Service Help Desk service requests. Monitor our delivery against set time frames and update clients of any changes or delays in service
Line Manager to 1 x S1 Estates Furnishings Team DriverEssential qualifications, skills and experience
· Budget / Finance Experience
· Office Support/Administration Experience
· Strong Decision Making skills
· Willingness to take initiative in own work
· Proficient in computers
· University Degree and/or College DiplomaDesirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Facilities Management
Required competencies Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline 8 December 2021