Engineering, Technical, Media, Advertising, Branding , Sales, Marketing, Retail, Business Development
Junior Electrical Technician
About the role
- Burn is looking for a Junior Electrical Technician who will provide valuable support in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing common electrical issues in our products.
- They assist in conducting basic experiments, assembling, testing, and maintaining electronic equipment under the guidance of the lead electrical technician.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of common product electrical issues.
- Assist in basic experiment tasks as instructed by the lead electrical technician.
- Assist in assembly, evaluating, testing, and maintaining electronic equipment and appliances as instructed by the lead electrical technician.
- Receiving broken electrical products (EPC and Induction cookers) from the field in conjunction with the customer support point person.
- Assist customer support to remotely diagnose and fix units in the field.
- Manage and keep engineering tools and fixtures in optimal working conditions.
- Assist in keeping inventory of workshop/lab supplies including replacement parts for the electrical products as well as engineering consumables.
- Assist in running diagnostic tests and any other related tests needed to support product knowledge as instructed by the lead electrical technician.
- Update and keep track of failure & repair documentation for Warranty.
- Ensure that reworked units are dispatched and update related documentation.
- Ensure that the workstation is clean and safe by following safety guidelines, protocols, and regulations.
- Assist in any other task as requested by the lead electrical technician.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience repairing or maintaining high and low-voltage devices.
- Understanding of basic test equipment.
- Experience diagnosing electronic faults.
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision.
- A diploma in electrical and electronics engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, the individual will be responsible for the development of a new revolutionary electric cooking product for Africa. The ideal candidate will use strong technical engineering skills to create well-supported and reasoned designs. Working closely with the electrical engineering and software engineering teams they will own the final integrated design solution.
- Support the creation and presentation of visual concepts for new and innovative electric cooking products using a variety of visual communication methods such as sketches, digital illustrations, CAD, CAD renderings, and rapid prototypes.
- Design and build proof of concept products to support the development process.
- Manage product EVT, DVT, PVT and mass production with suppliers.
- Design and develop complex assemblies that utilize plastic injection moulding, metal forming, co-moulding, and electronic component integration.
- Support design and material choices with rigorous analysis and research.
- Create detailed material specifications.
- Create and manage cookware B.O.M with Burn’s production team.
- Design and manage testing plans to answer design questions.
- Design and create low to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Create 2D technical drawings for communication with vendors.
- Follow human-centred design practices when developing designs.
- Research and develop manufacturing processes as needed to achieve product goals.
- Creating and maintaining requirement documents, reports, cost studies, part, and process specification documentation.
- Communicating with the respective stakeholders such as hardware and software about the project and their task herein.
- Testing concepts and prototypes in the lab and field
- Meet with suppliers inside and outside of KE.
- BFA or BA in Mechanical Design, Design Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Design, or similar fields.
- Able to conduct detailed costing and BOM analysis.
- 3 +years’ demonstrated work experience in relevant consumer products.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and or Similar CAD tools.
- Demonstrated experience with EVT, DVT, and PVT phases.
- Experience managing consumer product production outside of Kenya.
- Proficient in core MS Office products.
- Hand prototyping and model-making skills such as basic metal working, sheet metal, wood, foam, 3D print finishing, and painting.
- Solid sketching and rapid visual communication skills.
- Experience with Keyshot, and Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
Digital Marketing Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership to the organization on Digital and social media marketing strategy
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our digital and social media presence
- Manage and optimize our digital and social media real estate
- Measure and report the performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize the user experience
- Collaborate with in-country teams to support sales efforts with localized tactical digital and social media campaigns.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate and manage any vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required for this role
- Knowledge and experience in content development and marketing will be an added advantage
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Web Traffic Sources
- Website and Social media Page Views
- Website and social media page engagement
- Cost per Lead
- Returning Visitors
- Consumer perception & Sentiment
- Conversion Rate
- Goal Completion Rate
- Click-Through Rate
- Customer Acquisition Cost
- Customer Lifetime Value