Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Banking Jobs, Jobs in Kenya
Compliance & Enterprise Risk Manager
Equity Investment Bank Limited (“EIB”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Equity Group Holding Plc and has its origins in 2008. It is a private company with limited liability duly incorporated under the Companies Act and duly licensed under the Capital Markets Act (Cap 485A) as an Investment Bank. EIB’s core mandate is to enable clients create, preserve and grow wealth through wealth management services, investment advisory, corporate financing, securities brokerage and dealing.
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support the business growth, Equity Investment Bank is looking for an experienced Enterprise Risk & Compliance Manager to serve as the mandated Compliance Officer for EIB and also embed and maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework across the business ensuring any risks and regulatory requirements for the business are identified, assessed and measures put in place to mitigate or reduce the risk in accordance with regulatory compliance requirements, approved risk tolerance, risk appetite and strategic plans.
Reporting to the Head Equity Investment Bank the successful candidate will be tasked with:
- Provide leadership in implementing an effective risk and compliance framework in EIB including taking the lead in compliance governance oversight.
- Discharge all the duties and responsibilities of Money Laundering Reporting Officer as required by the regulations.
- Monitor compliance with regulatory requirements prescribed under the law and regulations.
- Responsible for independent reporting to Board on compliance matters including giving assurance on the manner EIB is handling any compliance breaches on regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination, management and reporting of all risks, issues, incidents and losses across the Investment Banking businesses on a quarterly basis, ensuring appropriate corrective/preventative actions are in place to address the root cause, timescales to correct are realistic and actions are closed off.
- Work closely with senior management to rectify any compliance gaps identified
- Prepare and submit an annual corporate governance report to Board and senior Management
- Liaise with the Regulator on behalf of EIB particularly on response to queries
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the Group Head of Risk and Compliance and the wider Risk team to manage the risk management function in line with regulatory and ERM requirements.
- Responsible for regulatory reporting and approval across all products.
- Monitor trade and transaction reporting, logging and resolving reporting issues by liaising with the applicable Trading Venue, ARM, APA, third-party service providers and software development teams.
- Taking full ownership of issues, tasks and ad-hoc queries, maintaining records and ensuring closure.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all applicable static data required for regulatory report submissions.
- Manage reconciliations and investigate anomalies.
- Enhance existing policies and processes and specify change requests to procedures and software.
- Test the relevant system and software implementations and updates, creating test procedures, logging and tracking issues.
- Ensuring that the relevant data protection and data retention obligations are being adhered to.
- Maintaining the relevant content within the firm’s business continuity plans
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Law, Statistics, or similar field.
- A professional certification in accounts or CISI Accreditation is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory guidelines
- Extensive experience in Financial Services with a comprehensive understanding of Regulatory Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Very good understanding of the regulatory environment relating to regulatory reporting e.g. Capital Markets laws and regulations, MiFID, POCAMLA, Data protection laws, FATCA etc.
- Prior proven and demonstrable experience of risk and compliance management in the Financial Services environment
- Industry awareness and ability to think intuitively and autonomously
- Possess strong senior stakeholder management and influencing skills, to engage effectively with others, providing direction and challenge where required and an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Time management – able to manage competing demands
- Building effective and strong relationships with colleagues and external partners with the ability to facilitate collaboration
Business Growth and Development Manager
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the position outlined below within Operations unit.
Purpose of the Role
- To generate new business whilst maintaining existing client base in order to achieve set business targets
- To ensure that high quality standards of customer experience is provided in order to attract, retain active and enthusiastic customers for increased sustainable business
- To optimize resources mainly human capital and Bank assets in order to achieve a quality effective and efficient business operations while appreciating the business risks. Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the role holder will be responsible for the following:
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- Proactively market lending and deposit opportunities from current and prospective clients
- Champion growth of non-funded income lines to ensure a balanced healthy business
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis and local area customer trends and competitor offering
- Budget accountability: responsible for strict cost management in the branch.
- Drive and inculcate the right Corporate culture at all times
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports that fosters creativity and encourages innovation
- Develop a high performing team through effective use of KPIs/ SMART targets and timely reviews with active feedback and coaching
- Ensure training of staff is carried out and business continuity plans are in place
- Reward and recognize high performing teams and staff, hence motivating the team towards high performance
- Directly responsible for discipline among staff within the branch by following the Bank’s disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Conduct regular meetings with branch staff to ensure all staff are on track on performance, receive feedback on any issues arising from the business and support those with performance challenges.
- Ensure the branch achieves service excellence by closely monitoring and improving customer service standards, through closely working with the Regional Customer Service Managers
- Ensure regular training on customer service is done for the branch teams by the Customer Service Champions
- Ensure stellar customer service and prompt attendance to any customer complaints.
- Ensure that all operations and controls within the branches are adhered to and in compliance with set regulations, to protect the business
- Achieve performance standards in the branch audit; low portfolio at risk (PAR) by ensuring that there is quality lending; no frauds and overall high compliance standards
- Budget planning, control and evaluation for the Branch.
- Is an inclusive leader with an extroverted interest in people
- Enjoys responsibility, authority and the social initiative required by a leadership position
- Applies pressure in a charismatic way to achieve an objective and to gain acceptance of their point of view
- Applies interpersonal skills, self-confidence and charisma to influence and persuade
- Is an excellent motivator, knows how to communicate and can persuade
- Is very independent, has no difficulty accepting risks and has a strong sense of urgency.
- Display initiative and an enthusiastic, positive and persuasive style
- Take immediate control of situations and does what it takes to attain objectives and solve problems
- Makes decisions in a spontaneous and confident way, based on the available information
- Is a good team leader; with a confident and “in charge” attitude to lead the group to the completion of goals
- Encourages direct reports by delegating work, exerting effective controls progressively towards objectives
- Exercises a lot of pressure to get projects completed.
- Thorough understanding of the Banking industry and the policies and procedures of the Bank
- Good knowledge of the business environment, industry regulations and government regulations
- World class customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of MS office suite and Bank’s systems.
Qualifications & Working Experience
- Holder of a degree (business related preferably) from a recognized University will be desired) or its equivalent with 7 years’ experience in a managerial function
- Holder of banking professional qualifications such as ACIB or AKIB and working experience in a multicultural environment will have an added advantage
- Over 12 years working experience at Equity Bank/ industry, with prior experience in both Branch operations and credit having served in the current role for more than 5 years
- Last performance rating of 3 and above with no disciplinary case/ sanction in the last 3 years.
Click Here to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview